Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chozen1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 06:05 PM
    Where can I find a philanthropist to help me financially?

I have been struggling for years trying to make ends meet. I work a full time job, but just recently found out I make less than everybody in my department, including the 'new hires'. I was doing just fine, by that, I mean I was able to just pay the basic bills like: rent, electric, gas, phone, car insurance. I had to split the rent money bi-weekly so I could afford to pay it on the 1st of the month. Medical bills (due to me having high blood pressure and osteoarthritis) had to wait, that meant they were piling up. Which made my credit poor. On top of that I just recently got scammed for over $1600. My bank account is frozen, I can't afford to pay any of it back. That's when it all started going down hill. My car is 15 yrs old, and running on it's last wheel. There's so much that needs to be done. There are at least 3 different fluids leaking from it. Every other day I have to try to replenish those fluids just so I can get back and forth to work, which is all I use the car for. If I drive it too long, it will start to smoke, and the steering gets hard. I can't even afford to do anything for my children, like gifts for their birthdays and such. I go to work exhausted and come home exhausted, the cycle never ends. My body aches, and every thing that isn't aching is swollen. I live alone, and am very lonely. I just need someone with a good and gracious heart to step in and help me out. I am an independent and honest woman. Not asking for handouts, just some much needed help, a little push if you will. Can anyone help? Please?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 06:16 PM
    You may be making too much money to qualify for many helps for the needy. Call/visit your public library reference desk to ask about possibilities.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2012, 06:17 PM
    You and everyone else...

How about getting a second job.

I know people that as part time housecleaners (working several jobs) not only raised several kids as single parents with no child support payments, AND bought two houses.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 06:21 PM
    How old are you? How long have you worked for this company (doing what)? There's no health insurance coverage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 08:44 PM
    And why are you making less than even new hires, are you a poor worker ? Have you talked to your boss and asked why ?
    ohaira Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 10:51 AM
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm suffering several chronic illnesses with no health insurance. If you work you don't qualify for help. If you stop to file disability then you become homeless. People don't get it unless it happens to them. I didn't either until I ended up this way. I have never felt so alone and hopeless. I'm suffering with pain all over, swollen and can barely get up to move. I would never leave a person like this with no help. I can't believe people suffer and die every day because nobody will help them. I have always helped others when they needed me. Now they don't help me. I pray to God every day for a way out. I don't know what to do. I fall through all the cracks in system. Doctors I've seen tell me I should be disabled. Then they always ask isn't there someone to help you? Why don't they? They sit there on their money and never think to help? I don't know what's going to happen to me. No one has compassion anymore. I'm glad I do. This has taught me about caring for others. If I get out of this I will try to help others.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohaira View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm suffering several chronic illnesses with no health insurance.
    If you are in the U.S. go to your local ER and you will receive medical care under Medicaid. Also, call your county human services office to find out programs that will aid you.
    koko2014 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Oct 7, 2013, 04:21 AM
    I think it is very important to do everything possible and then some to help yourself. In the world we live in today, a lot of people aren't interested in helping you with out a price to pay. Most likely a man may want sexual favors from you. Perhaps a woman too. If not that they may want you to do something illegal or immoral. I am not saying there aren't any philanthropists out here any more, I am just saying that they are very hard to find. I suggest you give up your car before it kills you and instead take the bus or train. Take your children's father to court for child support. Get a second job. Do not live above your means. Solicit help from family and friends. I am afraid that you will meet up with some jerk with money who uses his money to preys on the weaknesses of women
    koko2014 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Oct 7, 2013, 04:29 AM
    Life is tough. Be a fighter and a survivor. Just think about the real suffering that is taking place in these third world countries. In my opinion, that's what I call true suffering. You may have to change some things that you currently are doing to save on costs. You should be able to get governmental help if your salary is that low. Be your own advocate. As a result, you would feel empowered instead of a victim of circumstance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find philanthropist that helps individuals [ 2 Answers ]

I have created an orgainzation for the purpose of helping parents with low achievers to connect with the schools to better help their child succeed but I don't have the money to advertise to get the information to the right people. I think about $20.00 would help me to bring in noted speakers to...

Need money from a philanthropist [ 4 Answers ]

At this point I feel helpless, I'm a single mother with really bad credit and in the middle of trying to relocate to Columbia Missouri from Escondido California. I have three beautiful children ranging from 3 months to 10 years. My eldest has autism and a severe hearing impairement. Because of...

How do I find philanthropist that helps individuals [ 1 Answers ]

I the amount of money in my first post should have been $20,000.00 instead of $20.00.

Philanthropist to ask for monetary help [ 4 Answers ]

Are there any philanthropist that can help low income family for a fresh start after filing bankruptcy? Bk was our last resort due to considerable loss of income. Our house in Fl was foreclosed. We had no choice but to move out of state and live with in-laws. Husband accepted any job available to...

View more questions Search