Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dandg30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 05:38 PM
    Hot tub pump not cycling, will that disable my heater to not function?
    I have a cal spa eliminator series spa and my pump is not functioning.I have one ordered but I noticed my heater light does not come on anymore so just curious if a non working spa pump will not allow the heater to function I guess since water would be not cycling through pipes?Of so, how does it know this pump is not working? It was humming for like 5 sec then shut off every min or two.
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Sep 9, 2012, 08:06 PM
    Water has to be moving through the system for the heater to activate. There's either a flow switch or a pressure switch to verify the water moving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disable function key [ 2 Answers ]

Gateway laptop NO SCROLL LOCK, NUM LOCK DOSE NOT WORK AND NIETHER DOSE f9. My f9 is not pad lock it is change song.. Gateway laptop NV55S04u

Wiring a jacuzzi bath tub with pump, heater and light [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I have a jacuzzi bath tub I am installing. It has a 7 amp pump, a 9amp heater and an LED light. Each of these electrical loads are actuated by air switches on the tub. Each of these electrical loads have their own 15 amp, grounded plugs which fit into a standard receptacle. How do I wire...

Hot water heater cycling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rhem Hot water heater which nis cycling on and off when it is trying to heat up. Eventually it gets up to temperature but it takes a while as it cyckes on and off. Controler, Thermostat?

Hot tub heater element [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a bad heater element out of a beachcomber hot tub. I need to replace it. Thanks

Hot Tub and inline heater - on the same circuit? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Jacuzi style tub (standard size, a bit deeper; 60x32") and optional inline heater to keep it up to temperature for the duration of bubbling. The salesperson at the big box retailer told me they both could be pluggged into the same a GFCI-protected 15Amp dedicated circuit. However,...

View more questions Search