Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Looking for weekend job.
    I'm still going to elementary school so I need a weekend job, or an after school online job. I can work in and out the house. Also, if it was an online job I am very good at writing (for my age) as I have already been published into a book about 10 times and have four on the way to getting published. (They are all poems and essays.) So, writing would not be a problem. I have heard of online survey jobs but none really are young enough for my age. If it helps, I am eleven years old. I would be good at tutoring, as I am currently getting good grades. (80 - 90 %) If you can help me please write a message in comments any tips or help will be greatly appreciated.

(I also, do not really mind if it is low paying or high paying. I would just like $100 I have earned myself so I can pay off my debt with my sister for buying me a kobo. I would also like if I can keep earning money with it after $100 so I can save up for schooling. ((Yes I already know what I want to do occupational wise when I grow up. A writer and a chef)) ) If you can help with this then maybe you can answer my other question about how I release I am looking to make money.

Like I said, any tips or informational bits would be greatly appreciated and I hope you can get back to me as soon as you can and then I can get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you!
    ~~ Carebear0550
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2012, 05:13 PM
    Child labor laws prohibit hiring someone your age... period. For a regular job.

You might make a few bucks raking leaves or pulling weeds for neighbors, there really isn't all that many things you can do in elementary school.

Sep 9, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Child labor laws prohibit hiring someone your age...period. For a regular job.

You might make a few bucks raking leaves or pulling weeds for neighbors, there really isn't all that many things you can do in elementary school.
    I'm not really looking for a regular job. Just something like exactly what you said raking leaves and pulling weeds the odd little job to earn money.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Check with seniors in your area.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 05:28 PM
    I started babysitting at 11. I don't know what the current age is for a babysitter. Check into babysitting courses in your area, then talk to the people you know that have children. I made a lot of money babysitting from the age of 11-16.

Dog walking is another good idea. A lot of people don't want to walk their dogs, and will pay someone to do it. Stick with people in your area, and make sure that you can handle any dog you take on.

Winter is coming. If you're in an area were it snows you can make some good money shoveling driveways and walkways. It's not steady work, as it does depend on the amount of snow that falls, but it's not a bad way to make a few extra dollars.

Paper routes are always available to kids your age. I'm not a huge fan of this, but it is a job that will hire underage kids. Usually the kids deliver flyers 2 times a week, and make around $100 a month depending on the amount of houses you deliver to. They're always looking because most kids don't stick it out once they realize how much work is involved, or when it's cold outside and they don't want to bother with their route.

Above all, talk to your parents about this first. They have to agree to let you do this before you can start any job.

Good luck. :)

Sep 15, 2012, 02:44 PM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between job analysis, job description and job specification? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between job description, job analysis and job specification?

10 diffrences in job descriptions job specifications and job evaluations [ 13 Answers ]

Find the points at least 10 of differences between job description,job specifications,job evaluation

Design a job description and job spesification for a hypothetical job [ 1 Answers ]

ABC company has a problem of motivation among their factory floor workers.the management decide to increase the amount of task to be performed by some employees while providing more authority to some of the employees to performe duties.Along with these changes another set of empoloyees werw give an...

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation [ 1 Answers ]

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation

View more questions Search