Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 9, 2012, 04:00 PM
    TV Shows on YouTube Illegal?
    Is watching TV Shows on YouTube illegal?

I was watching the show Man vs Food lol on YouTube.

I see clips or full episodes of shows on YouTube and I'm thinking if it's all right to
    Watch them? Some videos have over 35,000 views.

I asked a friend of mine and she said no.
    TheDewd Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Technically the uploading of copyrighted material is illegal. If it hasn't been caught or filtered by youtube/google then it will be eventually or by the offended party or owner of the material. Watching is not illegal. It may be morally wrong, depending on your view or conscience, but not illegal. Industry lawyers are usually trying to target the uploaders or distributors.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2012, 08:24 PM
    Yes, the people who down loaded it should not have.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Sep 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDewd View Post
    Technically the uploading of copyrighted material is illegal. If it hasn't been caught or filtered by youtube/google then it will be eventually or by the offended party or owner of the material. Watching is not illegal. It may be morally wrong, depending on your view or conscience, but not illegal. Industry lawyers are usually trying to target the uploaders or distributors.
    Thanks Fr.Chuck

@TheDewd
    See that's the part that is a bit confusing to me because it's on YouTube and
    Not some bootleg site I thought it was OK it's such a gray area you know?

Every now and again I'll look up a song I have not heard in a while and look for it and there it is on YouTube but I know the record company didn't upload it and the video's been on YouTube for years!

When it comes to counterfeit goods it's illegal to sell them but not to buy them,
    How strange it that?

Such gray areas! Just wanted to know if I was doing the wrong thing or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with YouTube [ 6 Answers ]

I have a question about YouTube. I created an account/channel on YouTube today. I uploading a video but when I go to search for it on YouTube I can't find it. It says on my channel I have a video but I can't find it anywhere else on YouTube. Why? Someone please help me out.

Does YouTube allow RB? [ 2 Answers ]

I have my camcorder ready, on the Tv n everything, my Rockband2 disk in the Xbox. I was just wondering if I would be able to post videos on Youtube doing RB. A lot of people are making videos from RB and calling them FC. How does Youtube allow that? If I started making videos for Youtube as...

View more questions Search