Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Jan 6, 2005, 04:44 PM
    Access is denied?
    There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission.

Access is denied.

Please help me out to solve the problem
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Feb 28, 2005, 02:16 AM
    Make sure you have simple file sharing on.
    If that doesn't work, brute force the connection by maping a network drive to the emachine and make sure you select 'log in as different user'. Fill in valid credentials that exist on the emachine.

Also make sure there is no firewalls installed.
    Use Google to expand on parts you don't understand. You didn't provide enough info for me to give detailed instructions... like OS.

Gl.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Feb 28, 2005, 02:24 AM
    Hey, I can't even understand what you are asking. Please add a few punctuation marks for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access denied on ntfs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can any one help me, I got a 40 gb hdd Divided it in to 5 parts All fat32 file system except one and that is of 9 gb ITS NTFS I can access some folders and files in that drive but rest of them I can Its saying "e:\\ not accessible... access denied" i tried to move some files in...

C:/Documents and Settings/Owner... access denied?? [ 11 Answers ]

Cripes, good grief and Shazam! I border on the obsessed with my internet security. I have Norton and do a fully system scan regularly every week. Then about two weeks ago, noted that Norton was having some sort of problem. I called and got help getting it uninstalled and immediately...

Access Denied Error [ 10 Answers ]

Problem: Can not access data on a Hard Drive which came from another (now discarded) PC. The HD won't boot by itself (has XP Pro installed which I think is corrupted ). I have the HD mounted as a 2nd HD in a new (XP Pro) computer. The HD is visible as D: and I can see all the directories, but...

C Drive Access Denied [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new hard drive not too long ago, making my c drive a slave and the new f drive the master. When I go to c:\documents and settings\owner, it tells be "access denied." What do I have to do to gain access? The reason I ask is because my anti-virus software keeps finding trojan horses...

Access is denied. Make Sure the disk is etc. [ 0 Answers ]

Put a cd-rw disk in my CD-Rom drive which is a read/write drive and I can't write to it. I get the following message: I have a DELL Dimension. It is thre years old... Access is denied: Make sure the disk is not full or write protected. That's it.. Can any help me. Thank you.

View more questions Search