Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jalute Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 11:17 AM
    New home addition -home equity loan or remortgage
    I am 54yrs old and have only 3 yrs left on mortgage.. I want to put on a new addition to house and looks like I will have to borrow $80,000.. Do I want to do home equity or remortgage? I would like to retire in 11 yrs or less
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 11:43 AM
    That's totally up to you. It might be better to have a home equity credit line for the future. But either way is valid.

The best thing is to compare the costs of getting each type of loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

New addition on home [ 5 Answers ]

What do I need to know when before I talk to contractors? I am putting on an addition to my ranch style home and I feel like I am clueless. Please help.

Home equity and bankruptcy court [ 1 Answers ]

I filed a chapter 13, 19 months ago. Now I'm selling my house, which was not included in the matter, nor is their any leins against the house. Can the bankruptcy court take any of the equity money from the sell of this house?

Get rid of home equity or car loan? [ 5 Answers ]

My cousin's dilemma. They have a $14,000 home equity loan at 7.25% apr, a car loan on a 7 yr old car for $9500 at 5.99% apr and $90000 in savings at 3-4% interest rate. They are currently having a baby and have short-term goals of starting a business so they don't want to get rid of too much...

View more questions Search