Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cute Human Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 03:12 PM
    What plants are safe to put in a birdcage?
    Hi. I need help. I want to know what plants are safe to put in a bird cage.-And I want real plants. Please help. My birds are getting bored and plucking their own feathers.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Your birds are most likely molting, building a nest, or have mites.

Plants in a bird cage aren't necessary.

What sort of birds do you have? How old are they? Are they a breeding pair? What do you feed them? How big is the cage? How often are they taken out of the cage?
    central-landsca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2013, 02:59 AM
    You can probably put some tree branches or some small ornamental trees 'dwarf trees' - it depends how big your bird cage is. You can also add natural moss - it'll make your bird's 'landscape' greener. Not sure how you'll clean it though.

More info about toxic plants for birds:
    Are Bonsai leaves safe?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Safe plants for birds [ 0 Answers ]

We have 4 doves in a cage 3'wide, 7'long and 8'high. We want to know what plants to put in the cage that are not harmful to doves.

When is it safe for me to put pink over blonde that has been recently dyed? [ 0 Answers ]

I dyed my hair blonde how long do I have to wait to put pink over the blonde?

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants? [ 3 Answers ]

Do fake plants in the office affect productivity as much as real plants?

Is it safe to use water from my toilet supply for edible plants? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to use a spare bathroom to grow edible hydroponic plants. The water supply under the toilet would be a good place to connect my plant sprouter. Is it safe to use this water since I'll be eating the plants?

How to put my deep fryer into my counter tops the safe way [ 2 Answers ]

I cut out squares in my countertops and I'm going to build some square boxes out of wood so that the deep fryers are secure and nail the box to the bottom of the counter so that the fryersit down in the box is this safe and won't cause a fire

View more questions Search