Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purplebunny Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 10:55 AM
    20 and NO sex interest!
    Someone Please Help! I am a 20 year old female and for the past 6 months I've had no interest in sex! My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and he is absolutely the love of my love and I know this has nothing to do with him! For the first 2 years of our relationship we had a very active sex life! All this happen so sudden! I have been on the pill for almost 2 years but have had to change pills often and I've been on 2 different brands the past year and I wonder if maybe this has anything to do with the loss of my sex drive!? :confused:
    Down and out Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 8, 2007, 12:24 PM
    THE PILL SURE DOES PROBABLY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.

The Birth Control Pill and Sex Drive: What We Already Know
    For the past thirty years, researchers, health care providers, and pill users have acknowledged that the pill can cause a number of side effects. Ranging from weight gain to depression, the pill is definitely not without its drawbacks. An additional drawback for many women is that the birth control pill can inhibit sex drive. In particular, the pill appears to:

Decrease libido
    Decrease sexual enjoyment
    Decrease lubrication during sexual intercourse

Typically, though, this side effect was thought to disappear when use of the birth control pill was discontinued.

Why Does the Pill Affect Sex Drive?
    It appears that the birth control pill affects sex drive because it acts directly on a woman?s sexual hormones. In particular, the birth control pill inhibits the production of androgens, including testosterone, in a woman?s ovaries. Androgens have a direct effect on the pleasure that you experience during sexual intercourse. Additionally, the birth control pill also appears to increase the amount of sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG) in the body. SHBG is a protein that binds to testosterone, preventing a woman?s body from using it effectively. High levels of SHBG have been directly linked to decreased libido and sexual desire.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 04:00 AM
    I was on the pill for 7 years...
    My sex drive went so down hill due to it, apparently it's a side effect...
    I read it off the leaflet.. as down and out said, copied from the leaflet itself, explains a lot.
    Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

Mar 10, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by purplebunny
    Someone Please Help!! I am a 20 year old female and for the past 6 months I've had no interest in sex! My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and he is absolutely the love of my love and i know this has nothing to do with him! For the first 2 years of our relationship we had a very active sex life! All this happen so sudden! I have been on the pill for almost 2 years but have had to change pills often and I've been on 2 different brands the past year and I wonder if maybe this has anything to do with the loss of my sex drive!!?? :confused:
    It is a possibility. I have heard from a lot of my friends that switching or even certain pills can make you loose your sex drive. I actually think its in the side effects you read, it isn't as big as the side effects like heart attack and stroke, etc. but I do believe its in there though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No interest in sex [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and me have been married for 8 and half years and almost 2 years ago I had a total hysterectomy I'm only 29 years old I have lost interest in sex doctor don't see any problem what can I do?:(

Pay it Down -- if the interest on the debt is LOWER than the interest on Savings [ 3 Answers ]

I have student loans in the amount of $20000. Through consolidation and never missing a payment I have the interest loan at 2.50% (simple interest). Montly payment is approx $100. I am getting an APY no a Savings account at 4.75%. I have savings around $5K and growing. I need cash for other...

No Interest in Sex [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone please guide me. My husband and I have been together for 15 years now and recently, well for quite a while, I have had absolutley no interest in sex. I love my husband and he treats me well, but I am just not interested. I am a non-traditional student, and after being in college all...

View more questions Search