Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhu511 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 12:39 PM
    Hair follicle test
    So I just received an amazing job offer, howere I have to take a hair follicle test this Tuesday. Over the past 100 days I've only smoked 3 times.. The first time was June June 27th, then July 1st, and July 20.. Prior to the first time I was clean for about 5 weeks.. Currently I haven't smoked in 52 days.. Is there a chance for me to pass the panel 5 hair follicle test?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 12:50 PM
    WHy not take a not so amazing job and just keep smoking?

Because if you take this one you are subject to future random drug tests... and heaven knows stoners won't give up their weed for anything.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dhu511 View Post
    So I just received an amazing job offer, howere I have to take a hair follicle test this tuesday. Over the past 100 days I've only smoked 3 times.. The first time was june june 27th, then july 1st, and july 20.. Prior to the first time I was clean for about 5 weeks.. Currently I haven't smoked in 52 days.. Is there a chance for me to pass the panel 5 hair follicle test?
    It is most likely that you will pass a hair drug test (HDT). Infrequent cannabis smokers aren't detected with HDT as hair is a very poor medium for the metabolite THC-A. “In contrast to other illicit drugs, hair analysis lacks the sensitivity to act as a detector for cannabinoids” (Musshoff).

Musshoff F, Madea B. (2006) Review of biologic matrices (urine, blood, hair) as indicators of recent or ongoing cannabis use. There Drug Monit. Apr 2006;28(2):155-63

Galanter & Kleber, 2011 Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Substance Abuse, American Psychiatric Publishing, Wash, DC, p. 58

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 11 Answers ]

Took a pre-employment drug test last Wednesday. No word yet! My ONLY concern is that I took some concerta (un-prescribed, yes I know bad bad bad, but I am an undiagnosed ADD and was about to receive my diagnosis on paper when my insurance ran out) I tried my friends to see if it would bring me...

Help, hair follicle test, used hair from arm pits [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped smoking in January 2012, before that I smoked two to three joints a week. July 7, after a friend died I had a couple of hits off a blunt. Yesterday, apron 49 days from when I last smoked weed, I had to take a hair follicle test for a possible job. I didn't know they were doing hair...

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I hit a joint two months ago I rareley smoke I have a hair follicle test this week I drink cranberry juice and water heavy everyday could I pass?

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't smoked weed in 2 years but on Saturday I hit it 4 times and took 4 pill how could I pass with over the counter or any thing I can buy at a store I have to take a hair drug on Tuesday

Hair Follicle Test [ 1 Answers ]

I have smoked 1 blunt in the last 4 day and in about a week I will have to take a hair follicle test and I was wanting to know will I pass it or how can I pass it? Now keep in mind that I haven't smoked in some years. Just bored and stressed because my job closed down.

View more questions Search