Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naby77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 11:17 AM
    My spouse is dying and is pushing me away
    About a month ago my husband recently found out he had cirrhosis of the liver, Hep B and C, and liver cancer, they also found a spot on his lung that has not even been diagnosed yet. He will need a liver transplant to survive. When we first found we both quit drinking and had a brand new positive look on life. We were close and I never let him see me cry. I lost my job and lost my insurance but I bought private insurance for my husband. Last week he changed, he started drinking again is constantly angry at me and has check out emotionally. He thinks I don't care and that I don't love him and he also thinks I'm just here for the financial gain which the way I see it, I'll be in debt. He's going to the bars with his so called friends and we argue all the time. It's like he's trying to kill himself before his disease. I have no clue what to do or how to fix the situation. I cry often. Please help. I know a little of how he feels but not near what I need to and I have looked on line to know avail. How do I mend or how do we mend our relationship?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 11, 2012, 05:03 PM
    While this is not in a religious forum... I have a religious answer. There are simply some situations that are impossible with man. Knowing how your husband feels and understanding a death sentence is not something we can always fully comprehend. I wouldn't write an entire sermon here, I will only say that all healing, both physically and spiritually is found in Jesus Christ. There is no marriage to far gone for Him to help, there is no disease too far along to heal and there is not heart to hard and broken for Him to fix. You and your husband are in my prayers.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
    First he did not see you cry ? Why not, this may be part of the reason he thinks you don't care if he has not seen you sad and grieving.

It is common to push others away. It is hard to deal with the death of a loved one and harder to know you are going to die.

If you don't have religious belief that you strongly believe in. this can be part of the issue of the fear, fear that it is all over.
    A Buddhist will believe they come back again, to improve their level of exsistence.
    A Christian will believe there is a heaven or a after life.

Those without any of these will only believe there is nothing, life ends and we are gone.
    So for them, what is the use
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 12, 2012, 03:33 AM
    I think it's common to be pushed away, accused of all sorts of things. It's happened to me too. Even though it hurts, you have to remain above it, outside of it, serene and sure of your love, because it isn't really directed at you. It's just anger at the world, and you are the closest person to take it out on.
    Question though - did you lose your job on purpose? He might have seen that as 'evidence' that you are just waiting for him to die. Had you kept working, it would be more like that positive outlook you both had at first that he would survive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

How does abused spouse still married due to health and lack of income leave spouse? [ 1 Answers ]

After counseling, police victim advocate and social workers, everyone says leave, but due to no recent physical abuse (tons of verbal, neglect, antagonistic mentally cruel treatment daily), and due to his income being included though we've lived separately for 2.5 years. I cannot qualify for...

Spouse of 11 years and adult children of spouse who inherits property [ 1 Answers ]

Tx. Spouse dies after 11 years . Of marriage. Spouse had property before marriage. Does husband and spouses children split property , or do the children get all property.

Submitting spouse W7, should spouse SSN in 1040 left blank? [ 2 Answers ]

I am submitting W7 form for my wife with my 1040 and 1040 Schedule A (itemized deductions) forms. What should I put for spouse SSN in 1040 form? Should I just write "ITIN TO BE REQUESTED" for spouse SSN? Also, on second page of 1040 I see I have my SSN on top right corner of the page, but...

Ex Spouse Etiquette and my dad dying [ 2 Answers ]

The EX I recently lost my dad who had congestive heart failure. I was wondering what the etiquette is for an ex spouse for whom my dad did a lot. I don't care if he were to talk to me or anything, but he didn't even send a card of condolences to my mom. We were together for nearly 10 years and...

View more questions Search