Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dinucool59 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Domain rename
    Hai,

In my office we have 64 systems. These are all in domain. The domain name is polyster.com. The problem is www.polyster.com and email.polyster.com is our website and our company mail. The problem is its not opening in domain controller systems and even in server also. But if the system is in workgroup its opening without any interuptions. But if it is in domain the website and email are not opening.
    I am not at all understanding what is the problem. Please help me out this problem.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 7, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Check your DNS settings.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 7, 2012, 08:30 AM
    Do you have an authentication server that users log into?
    dinucool59 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 12:01 AM
    I checked the dns settings and created host in dns and gave the ip address of website and email. Now its working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replication between main domain & child domain [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have 2k8 R2 domain now I am to add one new child domain... my question is weather user&groups replication will be there?

How will it cost to rename your stepsons last name? My son is 15 and he wants my last [ 5 Answers ]

How will it cost to rename your stepsons last name? My son is 15 and he wants my last name. We live in California

Can't rename entry in Regedit [ 5 Answers ]

Regedit gives me this error message "The registry editor cannot rename show. Error while renaming key." The entry I tried to rename to Open is : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PowerPointViewer.SlideShow.11\shell\Show I'm using windows XP home edition and I have administrative privileges.

Rename a part of same folders or files name [ 2 Answers ]

Please tell me how can I rename a part of same folders or files name in windows xp

View more questions Search