Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmela86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2012, 04:36 AM
    Hand raised ringneck parrot territorial behavior
    I have a hand raised ring neck parrot. He is just starting to get his black ring and has become very aggressive in the past 2 weeks. He seems very territorial. He is usually very tame and quiet. What could be causing his aggression? I have tried handling him more but he doesn't want to be held at all.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 05:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carmela86 View Post
    i have a hand raised ring neck parrot. he is just starting to get his black ring and has become very aggressive in the past 2 weeks. he seems very territorial. he is usually very tame and quiet. what could be causing his aggression? I have tried handling him more but he doesnt want to be held at all.

Did something happen to him? Did someone hurt him?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you breed your indian ringneck parrot? [ 4 Answers ]

How do you breed an indian ring neck parrot

Will green indian ringneck parrots breed with yellow african ringneck parrots [ 1 Answers ]

Will green indian ringnecks breed with yellow african ringnecks and at what age are they done with breeding if any.

Is it fine to breed parrot siblings indian ringneck parrots? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Is it Fine to Breed siblings that comes from a nest box.. eg brother and sister in Indian RingNeck parrots.

Raised bumps (not itchy) on back of hand [ 4 Answers ]

I have a cluster of raised, not round, some in clusters, bumps on the back of my left hand. I have tried to put different cortizone creams as well as triamincilone on the rash daily to no avail. I can't figure out what these bumps are. I will eventually have to go and see a dermatologist but would...

Do you have a parrot? Or a parrot idea? [ 10 Answers ]

I have quite a few parrots from Parakeet to Macaw, but have not spent enough time with them in the past 6 weeks or so. I just moved, and moved away from my friends who also keep birds. Parrots need a lot of one-on-one, as much or more than children do. One in particular is really suffering from...

View more questions Search