Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ColdWorld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 09:58 PM
    Fathers rights
    I have a 10 month old son that lives with his mother in Oceanside, California. I live in 29 Palms, California about 3 hours away. We are both active duty in the military. We recently had a child support case. I filed a motion for joint custody because she would not allow me to see my son. I have been trying to see and spend time with my son. There was a time that she cut all ties with me and wouldn't respond to my text messages when I was simply asking how my son was doing. She also wouldn't answer or return my phone calls. We are awaiting a court hearing and mediation to establish court ordered visitation and a custody agreement. She is trying to send my son to Arkansas with her mother before our court hearing with the justification of financial issues. I told her that my son can come stay with me. She refused and said she has been his care giver since he was born. But she has been alienating me for the last few months. My question is, can she take my son to a different state without my permission? Is this legal and what can I do about it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 7, 2012, 03:37 AM
    If there is a pending custody case, she will be required to adhere to the court orders. Sending your son to Arkansas is not going to sit well with the court and they may order you primary custody. The court will see the move as a way to get around the court and not like it.

While she can move, the court will, in all likelihood, order her to return the child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 05:24 AM
    Can your attorney get an emergancy order to stop the move ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If fathers rights are terminated what rights does his parents have [ 4 Answers ]

My children's fathers rigths were terminated by the courts and now I'm hearing through the grape vine that his mother is going to fight for custody. I live in wv and she lives in pa.

Help for fathers that have there rights taken away [ 2 Answers ]

My rights were robbed? My rights were taken before I even had a chance, I didn't know of my sons birth so didn't know of the 31first day after the birth must be registered through paternity registry.. please can anyone help me I have a lawyer but we are wanting to get fathers rights involved it...

Fathers rights [ 2 Answers ]

If a father is not on the birth certificate what rights does he have?

Fathers Rights [ 4 Answers ]

What if the parent signs their rights over and the other parent signs the paper that the child support is to stop.Will a jude allow that?

Fathers rights [ 4 Answers ]

If I am a father and my name is on the birth certificate of the baby, does that give me any rights to see the baby at all until things are taken to court and settled?

View more questions Search