Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    savanna lea sch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Language delay
    My son is goingb to be 3 on March 21st 2013 and all he does is grunts and groans. When I try and take the time to read to him or have one on one time together he plays very short time and then gets grumpy and throws a tantrum. What should I do
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 08:43 PM
    First, take him to a pediatrician to rule out any health issues that might prevent him from speaking. If there are none, then start by making him ask for things, like food, milk, or toys. Keep reading to him and make sure you make him use words. Sometimes, we give our children things without making them use words because it is faster. Good luck.
    ArmstrongMiller Posts: 164, Reputation: -1

Sep 16, 2012, 10:40 PM
    Hello, I think a 3 years old child can speak. And I suggest you go to hospital for detailed evaluation. Best wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if community language is my national language [ 1 Answers ]

Australian community language Urdu is my national language. Now, please tell me in this case if I want to claim these points what documents are required? Even I am native Urdu speaker.

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search