Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittenlucky13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 11:05 AM
    Android vs Apple... Android loses?
    I have an HTC Vivid running Android 4.0.3 and every time my bosses send me pictures and emoticons from their iphones, I can't see them. If I forward it to my friend's iPhone he will tell me what it is, but sometimes this is work related stuff, so I need a solution.
    I have even tried having it emailed, but nothing shows up. I don't know why these "Smart phones" can't speak the same language.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 11:10 AM
    I think Android is better... but what you are describing isn't due to the O/S, its due to the email packages you each are running.

Certain embelishments aren't universal between every email package... on a desktop or a mobile device.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 11:13 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII and absolutely love it.
    The emoticons are likely OS dependent, not sure what is happening with the images, what file extension are they?
    kittenlucky13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 04:41 PM
    The big problem is in texts and has nothing to do with the email. I can't see anything in texts other than text.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Take your phone into the store where you bought it, likely US Cellular and ask them to debug your issue. I have used the droid and now the iPhone. Loved the droid and loving the iPhone even more.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Sep 18, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Android v Apple?
    Hands down Android, however Android is best if tweaked or if ran on a "Google Experience" device the added items installed by the manufactures ruin the functionality and experience much like with a Windows computer. Cyanogen Mod can be used t replace the version of Android on your phone with a version closer to the true Android OS. Android shines in turn by turn navigation, voice technologies and productivity applications where it has an advantage over the iPhone.
    iPhones are a good option for the non power user where their walled garden approach insures a consistent interface across similar apps, and a lot of features ready to go at time of purchase.
    If you are concerned about the way emoticons display in a chat program you have two options.
    • Try differant chat clients till you find one that works.
    • Get an iPhone
    smartjazz Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2012, 10:18 PM
    Hi there. Now Android is the highly advanced OS. I think your phone has some language setting problem. Please check it. Sometimes it happens that we can't see the message which received from other mobile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask Android question [ 2 Answers ]

How to restore arnova 10b g2 tablet to earlier time? I cleared browser data in manage apps which removed bookmarks would like to restore

Android tablet PC [ 4 Answers ]

My charging port on my feichu Android tablet is not functioning

Android [ 1 Answers ]

How do I install Android OS on Tmobile HTC touch pro 2

View more questions Search