Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zingfat moses Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Timber defect
    What are the common defects in timber structural element?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2012, 10:05 AM
    Broken in half?
    sheikh ali khaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2013, 01:27 AM
    Those irregularities appearing in or on timber that may effect its strength and durability are the timber defects..
    1- blue stain
    2- gray stain
    3- twisting of timber fibers
    4- attack of termites or fungus
    5- rotting of wood during seasoning
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2013, 07:55 AM
    Go look at a piece of dimensional lumber and see what is wrong with it. Google "lumber imperfections"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

defect probability in a group [ 3 Answers ]

A sample of 1 defective chip from a sample of 6. How should I formulate the probability for the following scenario. * Only maximum of 2 defective chips out of the 4 groups * Each group will contain 8chips * Only allow to have maximum of 1 defective chip in a group instead I hv no idea how to...

What is my personality defect and how do I change? [ 0 Answers ]

I would source this to A. growing up in a hoarder household with little socialization B. having a severely abusive 1st boyfriend (whom I saw as the escape at least from hoarder) for 11 long years, But I am, by golly, almost 50 years old and I no longer want those old pains to affect me. Yet I see...

Inlaws against pregnancy,and fear of defect [ 5 Answers ]

I had taken emergency contraceptive pills and so had irregular period with bleeding for about 10 days.then without another period I got pregnant.I am almost 5 weeks 2 days now.around my 3rd week pregnancy because of some reasons I took some10 tabs of cefixime and 7 tabs of metron.but after a while...

HB Windward II Glass Globe defect [ 1 Answers ]

I have found there is a design defect with the Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan in that you must exert so much pressure to remove the glass globe that came with the fan that they will crack and break. I come to this conclusion by reading others experiences on the internet (same as mine) and my...

Types of timber defect [ 1 Answers ]

I try looking for it on the internet and I cannot see it help me please

View more questions Search