Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cporet1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2012, 06:50 AM
    why is my patio roof dripping condensation
    Ok, so I have this 12' x 16' patio, The roof is a see through grey plastic, panel, square style wavey pattern instead of the smooth wavey pattern. It drips condensation early in the mornings until the condensation evaporates. All sides except where it hangs over the rain gutter of the house are wide open. We replaced the roof about 5 years ago after the fiberglass panels (smooth wavey pattern) became so ugly. I don't recall it ever dripping condensation. What's up? What can I do to end this problem?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2012, 09:23 AM
    Fairly typical of cold surface condensation and high humidity. The top surface cools by radiation and the rising air condenses on the under surface when the relative humidity reaches saturation. Air heats up, water evaporates, dry surface.
    jcgillette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 08:44 PM
    Ma0641 That was a great explanation for why it happens. Any ideas for how to fix it? The same thing is happening on our patio roof.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2013, 05:23 PM
    Some of my old physics babble! Only way to correct something like this is to insulate the roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aluminum patio condensation problem [ 14 Answers ]

I, have a patio with an aluminum roof, I have since enclosed the patio to a 4 seasons room using the existing aluminum roof. The problem I am having know is the roof condensates and drips into my new room, I wish to do the project myself to cure the problem so how may I correct the condensation...

Condensation dripping off my AC handler [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox 3 ton AC handler fitted horizontally in my garage, there is condensation dripping off the bottom of the AC unit and I am now seeing mold growth. The Unit is installed in my garage. I live in Central Florida and the unit and house are not even 8 months old. Can anyone give me...

Condensation dripping from tongue and groove ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

We have a tongue and groove ceiling and no access to the attic. We used fiberglass insulation in between the trusses when we built our home. We put vents along the roof line. Now when the snow thaws in spring, we get water dripping through the tongue and groove onto everything. We know that we...

Condensation on new roof [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 story ranch home in Birmingham, Alabama for which I just had the roofing replaced. I had the old shingles removed and replaced with more asphalt shingles. Before installation, I had two whirligigs on the roof for ventilation. I had those removed and replaced with 42 feet "shingle over...

Condensation on roof [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a cape style home in August from my family built by my grandfarther. Well When I had it inspected, we had mold. So I ripped off the roof and put a new one on, (no Mold). Well, last week I notice water stains on my first floor ceiling and window frames. I did some research and I...

View more questions Search