Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Jan 5, 2005, 05:31 PM
    Msdos boot partition?!
    Hi, I try to clean install windows 95 on my computer but it says you don't have a msdos boot partition , how to make a boot partition on the hard drive, I format my hard drive and make new partition with fdisk before installation but it didn't help me out.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Jan 5, 2005, 08:47 PM
    You also have to activate that same partition, with fdisk.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2005, 04:50 AM
    Fdisk
    Hi,
    Here is a link if you wish to view it.
    It contains step by step on how to use fdisk and format, installing Win95 with a boot disk.
    You might want to check out the steps, and compare them with what you have already done:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255867

Scroll down about 1/3 the page to see the heading.

Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Partition or not? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maxtor hard drive with 41 GB of free space and 16GB of used space.It never really differs from this. Should I compress the drive which is a option in the Properties folder for the drive or partition and if so how? Thanks

Partition for Mac & IBM [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to have an external USB 2.0 hard drive, that can be used on both mac and IBM systems. Would need to access the files from either OS. I have no idea about Mac at all, and don't know if Mac can read FAT or NTFS. Any help is appreciated. Many thanks :)

Partition question [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I have a ? About partitioning, I want to partition my new PC with out going through the steps of using my reformat disk, is there any way to do this without going through this process? I don't want all my stuff just c drive only, any help with this matter would be gratefully appreciated, thxs...

Creating one partition? [ 6 Answers ]

Running MS XP SP2. Onboard hdd is 120GB. It's formatted as follows:- C:\ Primary Partition-NTFS-58.59GB-38% free E:\ Partition-NTFS-53.19GB-39% free (Logical Drive) I would prefer the disk to all be seen as C:\ E:\ currently contains a number of Acronis images of C:\ which are not...

View more questions Search