Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nambaxy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 02:18 AM
    No signal
    Hi there hope you can help me out here, I have a problem with my monitor. Every time I switch the computer on it loads up but before it can allow me to choose which settings I want to apply the monitor goes black and displays a no signal message. At first this happened only once or twice but as the days have ticked away, so is the number of times that I have to try and switch on the computer. Now the ony way I can get round it is through swiching the computer on through VGA mode but even then when I try to set the resolution higher than the default the screen goes balck and displays the no signal message.
    Can you help
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 05:34 AM
    Interesting. Out of curiousity, when the screen goes blank does it come back after 15 or so seconds? Unless you have turned it off, Windows should revert back to your original resolution after 15 seconds.

What exactly are you trying to change? Monitors do have limits to what their resolution etc. could be set to. Is it possible you are trying to put the settings too high for your monitor?

You might also want to try updating to the latest version of your graphics card in case this is a driver issue.
    suddenImpact Posts: 175, Reputation: 23

Mar 8, 2007, 05:42 AM
    The resolution being to high would be my first guess, but not if it was only doing it occasionally for a while. Does it go off right when windows loads, or does it take a while? If its taking a while, I would think it's a problem with the video card, if you have an extra, maybe try that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Sounds to me like you have the wrong video card set. You need toi find you're the brand and model of video card actually in your system and apply the correct drivers for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Signal [ 2 Answers ]

hello, my monitor shows "No Signal" just about every time I play a game or watch a movie. This only happens at those two instances, other than that my system works fine. At first I thought my monitor was faulty, so checked my system with another monitor and the same thing keeps happening. I'm...

No signal [ 1 Answers ]

When shutting down, my monitor nor hard drive cut off. You hear a click and the monitor says no signal. I have to hold in button on hard drive for system to cut off. Can anybody help me? I am a beginner Thanks

No Signal [ 3 Answers ]

Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing...

No signal error [ 1 Answers ]

I recently put together one computer with parts that I ordered from tiger driect. I built my computer just fine and it was up and rnning for hours while I was installing windows xp pro on it. But my friend decided to tell me to overclock the cpu or something.. so he said to go into bios and put...

View more questions Search