Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 01:44 PM
    Refrigerator side not cooling properly on my maytag refrigerator model# MSD2756DE
    Refrigerator side not cooling properly. Back freezer wall iced up. Water leaking on front freezer side corner.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 05:12 PM
    Refrigerator side not cooling properly. back freezer wall iced up. water leaking on front freezer side corner.

You have a self defrost component failure. Without a meter to test the components you will end up replacing all 3 parts. The heater, bi-metal (defrost termination control), and the timer are the 3 components that need to be tested or replaced. When I ran refrigerator service I used to replace all 3 parts at the same time. It cost a bit more BUT I never had to go back on the job for a failure to defrost like you are experiencing now. The air cannot blow over to the refrigerator side of the unit because the coils are frozen in the freezer side.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2012, 09:14 PM
    Here are the manuals: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/May...rigerators.zip
    Obviously, the defrost system has failed. You can remove the cover to the freezer coils after thawing it out thoroughly. The defrost heater is at the bottom of the coils and the defrost terminator is wired in series to the heater and clipped to the top side of the coils. If you can see the heater burned in two replace both the terminator and the heater. You can tell if the defrost timer is bad by turning it until it clicks and the compressor and freezer fan go off. If it does not come back on in 15-20 minutes, it's bad. You can test the heater with an ohm meter. The parts are cheap, but if the heater is not bad I would not replace it. Save it for when it does go out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator cold side is not cooling maytag fridge mzd2768ge? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag MZD2768GE refrigerator. The cold side is not staying cold. I turned the temperature all the way to 9 and still not working right. It's a little cool but my stuff ruins. Please help?

My maytag refrigerator model #mff2258ve is not cooling. [ 1 Answers ]

My maytag refrigerator (model #MFF2258VE) is not cooling. The freezer is working and looks like it has a buildup of frost on the back wall above the vents, also the vents below this area are filled with frost. It's only 14 months old -- is this a common problem? How do I fix this? Will it...

Maytag plus Msd2756GEW refrigerator side not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

Refrigerator side sometimes get up to 65 degrees and at other times it is back down to around 51. The freezer is cold. What should I be checking?

My maytag refrigerator side by side is not cooling but the freezer is. MSD2641KES [ 2 Answers ]

My friend told me to take the panel off on the inside freezer compartment and see if it was frozen over. It was, so I defrosted it with a hairdryer, and it worked great. Now it has happened again and it has only been 3 weeks since the last incident The model is # MSD2641KES only 2 years old. What...

Maytag refrigerator rsd2200d not cooling properly [ 3 Answers ]

Need help trouble shooting repairs for my refrigerator. It is frosted up on the back panel of freezer side I have replaced the heating elements before for this problem. Is there anything else I should be looking for before I go for the elements again?

View more questions Search