Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 4, 2012, 12:39 PM
    John Lennon Citizenship
    I was wondering if anyone knows if John Lennon became a U.S. citizen before his death in 1980. I read that when Nixon was president, he tried to keep him out of the U.S. because of an old marijuana possession charge, but after he left office, Lennon was granted a residence permit.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 01:15 PM
    No, Lennon never became a US citizen - he would have been eligible to become a citizen in 1981, but didn't live long enough. He resided in the US from 1971 until his death in 1980 (largely to avoid UK taxes), and became a permanent resident in 1976. In the early 70's Nixon did try to have him deported, unsuccessfully, based on Lennon's 1968 misdemeanor charge for cannabis possession in London.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need wiring diagram for lennon hs23 air condition. My chalk ran in this heat [ 0 Answers ]

Chalk ran in this heat and cannot read markings to put the thing back together. The information with my air conditioner does not provide details.

Remembering John Lennon [ 5 Answers ]

It blows my mind that it was 30 years ago that John Lennon was killed. There are only a few things that I remember where I was and what I was doing when some "big thing" happened on this planet. When Elvis died, I was on a vacation with my family. When John Lennon was killed, I was working...

Lennon blower motor not working [ 2 Answers ]

Hey all, Woke up nice and warm last night, upstairs ac had stopped working. Compressor outside is running, but no blower. Tried manually setting the fan from Auto to ON, nothing. Doesn't matter if I have it set to heat or AC. Using a Honeywell programmable thermostat, swapped the upstairs one...

Lennon, Jagger and a plate of chips. [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard that in the early 60's before either John Lennon or Mick Jagger became famous, the two were sat together in a café where Lennon was showing Jagger some of his songs he was working on at the time. Not having much money on him, Lennon sold Jagger one of these songs in return for a plate...

View more questions Search