Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vcaroline1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Can a husband and wife serve on the same board?
    Can anyone tell me about IRS forms 1023 and 990 for 5031c board. Can a husband and wife serve on same board?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 4, 2012, 11:19 AM
    I think you mean 501(c)(3) board, correct?

Yes, a husband and wife can serve on the same not-for-profit board of directors, as long as it doesn't violate the organization's bylaws. I would argue that it's probably not a good idea to have two spouses on the board at the same time, but the IRS doesn't have a rule against it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Husband tries to kill wife, wife gets plastic surgery and comes back 4 revenge. [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find this movie title... its back in the 70s, 80's... I believe the name Eve is in the title... Its about a married elite couple who gets married and the husband only marries her for money... he than tries to have her killed and he thinks she's dead... but she lives and ends up...

My husband is a trustee, will he serve less time then originally sentenced? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband had his sentencing on August 31st. They gave him 2 years with half for non violent crime and no priors. But he also has a sentencing date on the 15th of September, he got arrested on August 18th. So, what is the sentencing for what they already told him, and how long will he do out...

Do I have to serve my husband with 30 day eviction papers if nothing is in his name? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have lived together for 2 years and separated in October for a month. When we separated we moved into separate homes and in my house everything is in my name including bills. He doesn't even get mail there what so ever. We are separating again and he told me he refuses to leave...

CA HOA - Can I serve on the board as a leasing tenant? [ 4 Answers ]

I currently rent a condo from the owner of the unit under a Home Owner's Association. We have option to buy in our lease contract. I'd like to know if I am able to serve on the board, by proxy at least for the time being. I'd also like to know, if at a minimum, I can vote by proxy, etc. I...

View more questions Search