Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redlipsticklena Posts: 148, Reputation: 0

Sep 6, 2012, 10:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I don't think you like being negative. I think it is a protective shield and that protection is what you are getting out of it.

You don't like lying to yourself. I respect that. So instead of telling yourself what you see as a 'lie' what can you say that is positive and truthful to you? Let your therapist know that you need different affirmations than the ones she is giving you.

We sit down and tries to think of affirmations and then shejust give them to me. I have to take my medicin every day and cannot even stick to that sigh.

I have come up with only the things I like to do like reading and learning on YouTube. She said they are not consider affirmations though

Sep 6, 2012, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I have been saying this literally for months. I believe this person posted before under another screen name.

She posts her suicide threats which now include throwing herself under the subway and/or parking her car with the headlights out on a highway - taking other people along with her.

I have a real good idea why she can't find employment, but that's another issue.

I think this has turned into a chat site, something AMHD has always discouraged. It will be interesting the next time I post something and am reminded that this is NOT a chat site.

Someone else wants to be responsible when this person kills someone and has announced her intentions in advance and instead of shutting down shop it turns into a discussion?

I also see a lot of dislike of men (not that she doesn't dislike women, children and domestic animals of all kinds). Probably part of the paranoia. Then there's the whole self hatred thread running through the posts.

OP certainly dislikes me and is responsible for a large percentage of my "dislikes." Want to know why? Because I believe she had another user name, "conversation" was much the same, that person also lived in New Jersey.

Hmmm -

(Out of greenies for Enigma)

No I dislike you because you're extremely condescening rude and make wrong assumptions stating them as truth. That's why I dislike you. And if your getting lots of dislikes that's your problem. Again don't be blaming me for things especially thing I'm not even doing. You don't have a right to cut in on these folks that's talking and trying to comeup with answers

Several time you tld me you don't like the thing I post don't see a point YET you come back again and again. So if there's really a problem with me go find peoples you think have a reason and need for help tired of communicating withyou and see no point in doing so either so guess we are the samee on that accord. You don't need to arrange a bandwagon of posters to leave the thread just go on your own already

Sep 6, 2012, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Exactly.....its clear she'd rather rant about everything than face the fact all her problems are both imaginary and self imposed.

I'm convinced she doesn't want help...she thinks the world should conform to her warped perspective rather than her making the changes she needs to make.

Unless she WANTS to change....then NOBODY walking this earth can help her. Shes happy wallowing in her misery.

Yes she's got some real issues...but most people with those same issues are willing to try to better themselves within the range of their capacity, whatever that might be.

I say if she wants to be unhappy and alone....she's got it...she's worked hard to run everyone off that's tried to help her.

And she's been a huge success at it.

I don't lose a wink of sleep at night over it either. As an adult everyone is responsible for their own actions...and the fruit of those actions.

NONE of the stuff you stated in a tangent is anything remote close to what I actually said either. You're repeating your own thoughts and of others even if I state what I really think you call it what you wants anyway. So what's the point? Somebody toldme to give examples and that's what I did. Its ranting to you then. When I tries in life REALLY TRY this is what happen it get screwed around and I am done with it. I did try. Okay just forgetit. Everyone for get it. :( I'm done I had it.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsticklena View Post
    i am 32

yes. it is embarassing. i toldmy therapist about this and she was embarass i could tell so i don't bring it up no more
    Do you think, perhaps, this is where the issues with men stems from?

How long ago did this happen? Was it recent, or years ago?

I do believe that you should look into another therapist. A therapist's job is to listen and help guide, not judge and show emotions of embarrassment. You should be able to speak openly to him/her.

Look Lena, we want to help you out as much as we can, so let's just start fresh and move forward.

So, please, when did these feelings of suicide start? Was it before or after you were sexually abused? Was it after your head injury?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 12:33 AM
    When was the last time you took your meds?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2012, 04:52 AM
    NONE of the stuff you stated in a tangent is anything remote close to what I actually said either. youre repeating your own thoughts and of others even if i state what i really think you call it what you wants anyway. so whats the point? somebody toldme to give examples and thats what i did. its ranting to you then. when i tries in life REALLY TRY this is what happen it get screwed around and i am done with it. i did try. okay just forgetit. everyone for get it. :( i'm done i had it.
    Everything I said is spot on accurate based on your own statementas and your own actions... the last 11 pages.

And yes we can tell a LOT about who a person is and how they actually think based on what they say and how they say it.

I'm not going to take the time to quote any of your comments of them because they are their for your to see as well as everyone else..

Everything you have said and done indicates you don't WANT to do anything to change, there are pages of posts that prove it.

Just like this post you made... everyone else is wrong... YOU are the only person that's right in your own mind. YOu do it with us, you do it with your therapist... you did it with everyone that's been in your life... and that's why you have nobodyt around.

Seriously woman... wake up smell the coffee, smell the roses... and for once in your life instead of blaming everyone... how about listening to them for once. It would be a first apparently for you if you did.

I have a life as do other people, and we took the time out OUR lives to try and help you and all we get from you is dismissive comments and absolutely no acknowledgement that we are right...

Personally, like Alty I've had it as well, and I have better things to do with my time since you have no desire to listen to anyone and I have no desire to listen to someone so absolutely convinced they are the only person that is right and yet listen to how screwed up everything is for you.

News Flash... if YOU was right about everything and everyone else was wrong then your life should be working out splendedly for you.

Nobody should have to give you ANY money or ANY help... because YOU would have it all under control.

And like Alty, I'm going to do what I should have been doing since the first page of this thread... something else... anything else.

I have no desire to waste my time listening to someone rant from their soapbox.

If you really wanted help... we offered it, but you rejected everything everyone has said...

And with that I'm going to go do them before I say what's really on my mind as well.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2012, 05:10 AM
    Counselors do not get embarissed or upset, You could tell them about a orgy with two men and a goat and they just listen. They do not judge.

It is you that are assuming how others feel. If you can not be honest with your counselor, don't waste your time or theirs. Not telling the truth will not get you any help at all.

You obviously do not want to hear the truth, and have made your own world, which has warped views and values.

You need very professional help, and most certainly need to be back on your meds

Sep 8, 2012, 12:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Everything I said is spot on accurate based on your own statementas and your own actions.....the last 11 pages.

And yes we can tell a LOT about who a person is and how they actually think based on what they say and how they say it.

I'm not going to take the time to quote any of your comments of them because they are thier for your to see as well as everyone else..

Everything you have said and done indicates you don't WANT to do anything to change, there are pages of posts that prove it.

Just like this post you made...everyone else is wrong...YOU are the only person thats right in your own mind. YOu do it with us, you do it with your therapist...you did it with everyone thats been in your life...and thats why you have nobodyt around.

Seriously woman....wake up smell the coffee, smell the roses.....and for once in your life instead of blaming everyone...how about listening to them for once. It would be a first apparently for you if you did.

I have a life as do other people, and we took the time out OUR lives to try and help you and all we get from you is dismissive comments and absolutely no acknowledgement that we are right.....

Personally, like Alty I've had it as well, and I have better things to do with my time since you have no desire to listen to anyone and I have no desire to listen to someone so absolutely convinced they are the only person that is right and yet listen to how screwed up everything is for you.

News Flash...if YOU was right about everything and everyone else was wrong then your life should be working out splendedly for you.

Nobody should have to give you ANY money or ANY help...because YOU would have it all under control.

And like Alty, I'm going to do what I should have been doing since the first page of this thread.......something else...anything else.

I have no desire to waste my time listening to someone rant from their soapbox.

If you really wanted help...we offered it, but you rejected everything everyone has said...

And with that I'm going to go do them before I say whats really on my mind as well.
    I never said I was right about everything I said you puts words in mymouth like you're doing now. If anyone on a damn soapbox its you. So SPEAK FORYOURSELF on here and not for me because you're not in my damn head.I'm tired of being knockdown left and right each time I give effort on something. You twist it around to blaming everyone and all these other things. I am done.
    Whatever. You people can have the world. I couldn't careless to live here anymore.

Sep 8, 2012, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Counselors do not get embarissed or upset, You could tell them about a orgy with two men and a goat and they just listen. They do not judge.

It is you that are assuming how others feel. If you can not be honest with your counselor, don't waste your time or theirs. Not telling the truth will not get you any help at all.

You obviously do not want to hear the truth, and have made your own world, which has warped views and values.

You need very professional help, and most certainly need to be back on your meds
    I did thebest I could at explainingwhat ihave try with therapist andwhy I feels it didn't work. I didn't say I was right I said this is what I tried to do to demonstrate what I have try. That's it. You people have form your own thoughts muchof it based on thoughts that I never even said. . I did the best I can in the therapy and goes there to talk to her and did my bests here being honest aboutwhat I thought of the thing she was having me domaybe I should have lied. I don't know. Anyway I am very very tired of arguing with these people it is not about not hearing the truth I was trying communicate and it don't work no matterwhich why I try it. I don't belong here I know that now. I will feel very relieve when I don't have to wake up and try to fits in and make things work in the world I had no business being a part of in the first place. I would rather go blow my brains oout then spend another minute trying to do anything anymore. Bye
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 06:43 AM
    ... bye

This person posts more after she leaves forever than anyone posts when still active on the site. She'll be back with another user name.

(Out of greenies - well done, Smoothy.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 8, 2012, 12:19 PM
    This thread is CLOSED

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What kind of bodies do men prefer on women? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently read that most men prefer voluptuous and curvy bodies to the toned, no bounce kind of body that so many women admire... I'm aware that everyone has their preferences, but I'm just curious if there's any truth to the magazine!

Do men care about bodies after going steady? [ 7 Answers ]

I dress in ways that flatter my figure. Flowing shirts. Certain jeans. You know, clothes that flatter the figure God gave me. But what about when your naked? First off, what if the guy isn't prepared for my body type? I can look really curvy in clothes, but out of them you see every...

View more questions Search