Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jc1462 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Windows Vista
    Looking for feedback on Windows Vista... (pros/cons)...
    CountDeMoney Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 06:40 AM
    I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and I personally like it a lot. I have the 64-bit version so drivers can be an issue at times but I have a separate hard drive so I can always still use XP on a second drive. I will tell you that it is memory intensive.

I'm running it on a ASROCK DualSATA2 Motherboard with an AMD FX-55 Processor with 2 GB of RAM. I see a lot of people are having problems with it. I have had no problems. I'm just lucky I guess. I put this system together myself.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 06:57 AM
    Depends on your needs. Since I will have to support Vista users I needed to get it myself. So far, my new system with Vista Home Premium 32 bit has not given me any problems. I do like the nice interface and the Sidebar (though a retread of old technology) is nice. Its defintiely a better performing machine.
    l99057j Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Mar 8, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Before you upgrade you should take an inventory of all the applications you really depend on and do a search to make sure they work under Vista. There are some apps, especially games, that don't work (or work in a limited fashion) under Vista (especially the 64-bit version.)

You also need to inventory your hardware and make sure Vista drivers are available. Once again, finding drivers for the 64-bit version is a little tougher at the moment.

I've used it, and like a lot of what they've done but it hasn't impressed me enough to make me delete my XP partition. It will happen the next time I do a refresh or a major upgrade, but I'm not going through the hassle just for Vista... there will have to be other benefits as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

Windows vista [ 1 Answers ]

I Recently Bought A Compaq Laptop From Pc World.it Has Windows Xp. I Contacted The Techguys.co.uk As Instructed To Get My Vista Free Upgrade,to No Avail.can Someone Point Me In The Right Direction On What To Do Next,how Do I Get This Free Upgrade To Vista??

Vista and Languages [ 6 Answers ]

When I got Windows Vista, my mother installed it in Chinese. Tries to reinstall it have failed. I know there is a tool in Windows called lpksetup.exe that will help install additional languages. I searched online for the syntax for using this tool and have not figured out how to use it. I cannot...

Windows xp or vista [ 8 Answers ]

I will need new desktop within 6 months. Need advice whether to go with xp or wait for vista.

Windows Vista Security run-around? [ 5 Answers ]

There will be nine variants of Vista,with slightly (not much) different features (maybe I'm talking security here),will the crackers out there implement nine different ways to hack-in.Will there be nine slightly different products of anti-virus,spyware,et el,to combat that threat.Thus at a...

View more questions Search