Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammy3001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Heartbroken
    For the past week or so my youngest is petrified to go anywhere near his bedroom he sobs his heart out that the lady will take him & he'll never see mammy again.. I'll settle him in my bed then carry him to his own, within 10mins he is screaming please get off me.. please please get off.. Its heartbreaking.& I don't know what to do
    aliiicowan737 Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Sep 2, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Get a professional to speak to him, or have a talk with him yourself. Either way maybe get him some help or someone for him to talk to
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 5, 2012, 04:23 PM
    Have you been able to talk to him about what he is seeing? I've been in your shoes myself and feel the pain and confusion you are going through.
    krafteame Posts: 48, Reputation: 11

Sep 5, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Could you please provide a couple more details. How old is your son? How many siblings does he have and what are their ages? Has there been any major events in your familly lately? I would try to talk to him and try to find out more details. Depending on his age, I would find the age appropriate professional to him. It sounds like the poor little guy is terrified. I would get him help asap. Let us know what you are able to find out.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Sep 6, 2012, 01:55 PM
    I believe a parent knows the difference between a "trying to get my way" cry and a "hurt or scared" cry, and if I am not mistaken ,you think he is truly fearful and not just wanting to sleep with mom.

It could be the product of a brilliant imagination or a remembered fragment of a dream that bothers him because he is not old enough to separate dreams from reality yet.

There is also the possibility that it is something that is happening to him that is not well understood or many people discount because they do not believe these things really happen or exist.

They do , and I know this first hand. I also know how afraid and lost a child can feel when something that is truly terrifying them is not addressed by those they love and trust and expect protection from.

From what you have told us I assume the child is preschool or kindergarten age which being the case I suggest that you get all the information you can about what is going on to scare him as it does. Let him know you are going to find a way to take care of this and you are "on his side" and want to know exactly what is it that scares him.

Then I would talk to a professional social worker (psychologist) and a member of any clergy that has dealt with ghosts , spirits , "the paranormal" what ever you may wish to call it and see if they can offer any answers that make sense to you.
    Make sure the child knows that you are doing this to help because that is what he is looking for but does not yet know that real solutions are available.

A child should never have to face his fears alone no matter how outrageous they may sound. Remember he is not yet a great communicator and will put things in terms from his limited perspective and experience .

I went through a situation that terrified me and nobody believed me because I was just a preschooler with an active imagination . And I was assured these things were not real. To this day I know they were real . And I still can feel the twinges of helplessness , fear , and frustration that no child should have to feel

By no means am I saying that it is a "ghost" because the vast majority of things such as these are explained when properly investigated .

I would appreciate you getting back to us with the age of the child and all the detail you can get from him about what is bothering him and maybe we can offer some help and/or referrals to people in your area who can help.

You might even tell him you have other people working on this. I believe any assurance at this stage will go a long way to give him some comfort and hopefully lessen his fear.

We will be watching for your reply and will do all we can to help.
    jayparanormal Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Sep 7, 2012, 05:39 PM
    Ask him what he is seeing and do some research about where you live? Is this a new house??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For those who are heartbroken. [ 23 Answers ]

A lot of us browsing through these pages are probably facing heartbreak, I know I was when I first stumbled onto these pages. I just want to show my appreciation for those caring enough to reply to my threads and help me become who I am today.If your willing to read, I'm going to tell you my...

Heartbroken... What can I do? [ 25 Answers ]

I'm new to this forum and need your help! Sorry this is going to be so long, but please bear with me! My boyfriend (or ex now) broke up with me 2 weeks ago and I'm devastated. We met last September, I really liked him when I met him but didn't really want a relationship at the time as I had...

Heartbroken [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My Partner ( we are a females same sex couple) still lives at home, sleeping in the same bed together, but wants to separate after 18 years. She has gone to a Solicitor and he advised her to seek Mediation, as we can't agree what do to next. Both of us don't want to sell...

Still heartbroken [ 9 Answers ]

It's been 5 days since she shaid she wanted time off and I can't get her out of my mind. I cry in the shower, stare at her Facebook profile, wondering how I will ever get back the one I thought that was the one. I've read love yourself stickys over and over. I've read how to find your soul mate...

HeartBroken - don't know what to do [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, my girlfriend of 6 months and best friend of over a year broke up with me about a month and half ago. She had a daughter was 1 month old when we started dating and is now 7 months old. I did everything in this world possible I could for her and her daughter. Everything in our relationship was...

View more questions Search