Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 2, 2012, 07:55 AM
    Learning channel gone downhill
    Has anyone noticed that the TLC channel has really been dumbed down over the last few years? I find it really sad, 10 or 15 years ago, it was great, they had all kinds of interesting documentaries about nature and history, but now it's like Jerry Springer has taken over the channel. There are shows like "Toddlers and Tiaras", "Honey Boo Boo", and all kinds of stupid reality trash that doesn't belong there. I guess TLC now stands for Tramps, losers and crazy.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 2, 2012, 09:48 AM
    I agree. Too many "reality" shows that are just garbage are all over the TV... does Learning Channel really need to be involved in low-end reality shows? I don't see why. What am I supposed to be learning from them?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2012, 10:19 AM
    TLC is now for the lowest common denominator - it's embarrassing.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 2, 2012, 04:57 PM
    I forgot to mention at first that A&E has also gone the same way as TLC. It used to have good educational shows like Biography, American Justice and many true stories, but now it is mostly CSI reruns and stupid reality shows like storage wars. Are there any other channels that are like the old A&E and TLC?
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Dec 2, 2012, 06:32 PM
    I liked when Court TV was just court TV, didn't like the name change (Tru TV) at all.

I don't remember watching BRAVO or what programs they had on before
    The Real House Wives series started.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2013, 01:45 PM
    I agree. Discovery is going downhill, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I change my audio channel from 8 channel to 6 channel? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to play a game, but it's not working. I read on a forum where they said I'd have to change my audio channel from 8 to 6, I don't know how I do that. I guess I'm dumb. "I thought by audio was set to 6 channel, but somehow it got set to 8, no idea why. Switched it back to 6, and now I...

Satellite channel changes from AV to normal channel [ 1 Answers ]

When I watch satellite channel through AV mode suddenly TV changes to normal channel so I press AV button again in the remote control to change to AV mode again why

Distance learning or traditional learning [ 4 Answers ]

which is more better distance learning or traditional learning?:)

Set up Dish 2 channel box to record on one channel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I think that I understand this but I want to ask if my I have gotten is right. I am getting a dual channel Dish box. I currently have my single channel Dish box hooked up to a Sony DMR EZ27 DVD recorder. I have the Main (the shielded single cable) video output going from the Dish box...

View more questions Search