Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foxxy29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Am I overthinking this relationship?
    I started dating a guy from work we saw each other everyday even if it wasn't after work. Everything was going so good up to about a week ago. He ended up quiting at the shop I worked at and started at another shop. With his new job he has ended up working out of town a lot. He has only been with this new company for a month and I've seen him 2 times. We talk briefly in late evenings due to the long hours he works but is starting to feel like its not enough for me. He will text good morning almost everyday. We have really only been dating for 3 months and I feel like I'm over thinking all of this. I haven't met any of his friends or family yet. A few things that really bug me with this relationship is I feel like I'm still a secret cause when we worked together we didn't want to start a big deal at work so we kept it a secret. I feel like he hasn't told anyone about us that's why I feel like a secret. We spend a lot of time in the house, but he have gone out for supper and a movie before as well. Also with the long hours he works I feel left out cause if I text during the day he won't answer me and hours later I will say hey what's going on? He will answer I'm sorry I didn't respond and tell me why he didn't answer and how busy he has been. I don't think he is cheating I just start over thinking the relationship. If I were him I would let him know what's going on, I wouldn't leave him hanging like he does me.I would put more of an effort than he does me. He treats me good and with repect. I'm not good with words so I have texted him how I feel but once again he didn't answer being busy. So I don't know if I should bring it up or see if he does? Am I over thinking or just being insecure? I want to have fun with it and go with the flow but when I got excited last week that I was going to get to see him after 16 days and he ended up going out of town for work again I started getting bitter even though I have never been this bitter towards him and don't want to be. I love being positive but I can't seem to drop it. Any little thing he does seems through me back into a bitter mood. How can I get over this knowing he doesn't want to be out of town and hurting me like this?
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2012, 07:52 AM
    There's only one simple answer. Leave. Find someone who doesn't travel for a job and who can see you everyday.

There are people in this world that can spend time away from their partner and be perfectly fine, that is who he needs. There are also plenty of partners that don't work out of town all the time, that is what you need.

Seems like the relationship just isn't working out. It could be time to start looking for a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I end my bad relationship and wait for my ex girlfriend and see how her relationship goes? [ 26 Answers ]

Well I and my now ex girlfriend were in a long distance relationship, and she had told me a little after we were dating she was a cheater. But I didn't give much thought about it. A little while later she tells me she cheated on me and had sex with a guy. Even though she did hurt me, I still wanted...

Am I overthinking things? [ 3 Answers ]

I met this guy through a friend. He knew my best friends boyfriend, but I had seen him on a dating site before hand so when I found out he knew my mate, I messaged him. We spoke online for about a month, or so, when he invited me and my friend (and his friend from college) to a gig he was playing...

Am I overthinking things? [ 3 Answers ]

So I've been overthinking lately... I think. If I could just get some advice that would be awesome. Me and this girl I've been dating for about two months now have been having an awesome time together. I've know her since high school where she broke my heart but I realized it was probably for the...

Overthinking everything about my relationship [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months. I was incredibly happy. He a great guy.. funny, nice, and always there for me. Out of the blue, I began to doubt my feelings for him. Whenever I'm with him its always in the back of my mind if what we have is real. Whenever we kiss, I ask myself...

I hate it when I do this - overthinking/worried again about first date! [ 1 Answers ]

On Sunday night I went out with this beautiful girl I've recently started talking to and it was our first official date. We went out to eat, had great conversation, serious eye contact and we walked around the small city shops and she put her arm in mine, held my hands at the table after we ate and...

View more questions Search