Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tcannon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 02:24 PM
    Can you make a living off trading/selling stocks
    Will I be able to make money by buying stockes... if so what company or stocks should I invest in
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 1, 2012, 02:29 PM
    I have to say this... and I'm not trying to be mean... if you have to ask someone what stocks you should buy then no, you can't make a living doing it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2012, 03:22 PM
    You can become a millionaire trading stocks, many people do. You can lose everything you own and end up 100's of thousands of dollars in debt also.
    Or you can just make a good living at it. Or end up on food stamps.

The trick is knowing what stocks to buy, and when and when to sell. If you pick right, great, some stocks are just held and you make money over 20 years. Others you need to buy and sell within a few weeks

But no one is going to tell you which ones, that is what you have to study, learn and guess at.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NJ Nonresidence filing: Net gain from selling stocks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about my NJ non-residence tax return filing. I am a residence of Virginia and worked from Jan - Nov 2011. Then I worked in NJ for the month of December (was a residence for less than 30 days there since I commute on the weekend). I sold some stocks in around May of 2011...

How to report huge loss from day trading of stocks in foreign country? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a citizen of India and came to US in April 2011 with spouse & kid. Understood that I ve to file as resident and gng with married filing jointly. My question is: I did mostly intraday trading in stocks and options in India spanning from Jan-Dec 2011. I have around 400,000 INR loss...

Tax implication for Stocks Trading for foreign nationals [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Few weeks back I had posted a query on this forum regarding the Tax form that I will need to fill in this year. I got reply that I can either go with 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ. Now last year (2008) I started to invest in stocks - not much - just buying 5 or 6 stocks of a certain company....

View more questions Search