Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nargis786 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 01:26 PM
    maths
    can you help me with one question. I don't get this one at all.
    it says a charity bike ride has three stages.

stage 1 - machester to leeds
    stage 2 - leeds to carlisle
    stage 3 = carlisle to edinburgh

the distance in km, between the cities are shown below

machester
    64 leeds
    160 148 carlisle
    279 260 119 edinburgh

calculate the total distance of the bike ride

do I just total everything up?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2012, 01:34 PM
    Just add the distances from Mahester to Leeds, Leeds to Carlisle, and Carlisle to Edinburgh together to get the total distance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Maths [ 10 Answers ]

This headline was in a newspaper last year. Charity Bike Rides NottPool raises £2 for every £1 raised by ManScot. Sanjay knows that ManScot raised £150 000 last year. The total raised last year by the two bike rides was £450 000 (a) Was the newspaper headline correct? I think yes because...

Help in maths [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me! I need help in the following exercises.. 1)f(x)=x^2+ax+b+root(4-x^2) a)find the domain of f. b)if f pass through A(-2,-2) and B(2,2) I)find a,b ii)if a=1 and b=-4 find the point that f intersects y'y. 2)g(x)=x^2+ax+b/x-1 if g intersects the y'y at the point A(0,3) and pass...

Maths.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hii, Plzz tell me how should I get 'x' frm the foll equn... ln(x) = 1/x Plzzz answer as fast as u can... I'm stuck up in a problem!

Maths [ 3 Answers ]

We are doing some sponsored challenges. We are sponsored for each correct answer. All money goes to children's charity work. We're at a loss with the maths! I'm doing a home tuition course, but I still don't understand a lot of areas. It doesn't matter how many are in a group or who helps you. We...

Maths [ 2 Answers ]

I'm stuck here don't have a clue what to do. I've read all my school textbooks but it doesn't make much sense! The numbers after the letters are small figures as in they u3 meaning( u x u x u). Ta! Factorise the expression 5 u3v +15 uv2-10v taking out the highest common factor. Choose the...

View more questions Search