Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kalilasher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 06:44 PM
    My cat is losing a lot of hair
    Over the past couple of days my cat who is almost 2 is losing her hair. It's mostly on her head and a spot near her tail.

It doesn't seem to hurt her to touch it but she seems to be grooming a lot. She hasn't changed her behavior.She isn't acting sick either.

She did this once before when I left for two weeks, so it may be anxiety. Is there anything I can do to help her? Or anything I should look out for?
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2007, 01:38 PM
    You should probably take her to the vet. It could be a couple of things... most likely nothing fatal. It could be anxiety, but I know there's something-i can't think of what its called-that causes cats to lose their hair. In some cases it grows back, in others they pretty much just stay bald in areas. Your vet could give you the best advice.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Mar 8, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Definitely see your vet. There are parasitic conditions that can do this (with or without accompanying discomfort... there are some that irritate the skin and some that only affect the hair itself), as can anxiety or other stress. It's not normal for cats to lose their hair, though, and if it is a parasite, it needs to be taken care of as soon as possible.
    colb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Check out hypothyroidism in cats.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 02:10 PM

This happened in 2007 - please check dates.
    agronoxdt Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
    Just because it happened in 2007 does not mean the information won't be useful to others later on.. Please check your common sense.
    agronoxdt Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Nov 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
    As it was for me just now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 21.and Losing my hair?/ [ 4 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and my hair is coming out horribly, every single time that I run my hands through it six to seven strands are coming out. I stopped blow drying it... I stopped straightening it and I only wash it every three days. Its hurts to pull up in a ponytail, and I constantly feel like I am...

I'm 20 and losing my hair HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

I'm only 20 and I'm losing my hair. I really don't know what to do can someone please help me?? :confused:

Cat licking a lot and losing hair [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: my cats name is misty, she is probably about 5-6 years old! Recently about 2 weeks ago i noticed she started licking a lot and now she is missing a large amount of hair, like patches around her little body, and she has gotten really skinny. She is eating like a mad women and i don't know what...

My cat pukes an awful lot. She can hardly keep anything down. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old cat, Named Atta. She'll be 8 in March. :) She throws up A lot. Every day at least once. Few years ago she has problems with eating insulation. Could this have damaged her digestive system? She got fleas last year or the year before, I don't remember. But she started to...

Long Hair Cat [ 6 Answers ]

My cat has very long hair. I try to get her grommed 4 times a year. But I can not afford this being on disability myself. How long will her hair keep growing ? Keeps getting longer & longer & etc.

View more questions Search