Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kwadd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 07:03 AM
    I have a Mynah bird...
    ... that I rescued from a few crows who were looking to make a quick meal of it. I was planning to return him to the wild as soon as he grew up a bit. He's been with me for the past three months now, so I think he's about 3.5 or 4 months old.

My concern is that he doesn't seemed to have learned to fly yet. Oh, he flutters from room to room, but I don't think he's really got the strength for sustained flight. Additionally, he still looks like a juvenile; he hasn't grown much over the time I've had him and I'm worried I'm not giving him the food he needs. I understand that Indian Mynahs usually molt at the age of five months - he's beginning to shed feathers and I'm wondering if he's beginning to molt or if he's deficient in something that's causing him to do so.

So far, I've been giving him assorted foods - rice, wheat, fruits like pomegranate, banana and whatever insects I can get in a city like Mumbai.

I've attached a photograph for reference. I'd really appreciate some help. I'm little out of my depth here.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 1, 2012, 07:20 AM
    He is a lovely little bird! Apparently very talented and vocal. Here is a website that gives caring instructions for myna birds. It is E.How so you will have to enter 'care of myna birds' in the search category. Good luck!

eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Discover the expert in you. | eHow.com › Pets & Animals
    kwadd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    He is a lovely little bird! Apparently very talented and vocal. Here is a website that gives caring instructions for myna birds. It is E.How so you will have to enter 'care of myna birds' in the search category. Good luck!

eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Discover the expert in you. | eHow.com › Pets & Animals
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check it out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creepy film evil boy on farm turns into a bird or sees through eyes of a bird [ 4 Answers ]

What I remember of the film An old big (tall) wooden? Farmhouse. Located I think in the USA. The family had European connections. The boy was bad or evil or misunderstood (not sure) He could either turn into or see through the eyes of a flying bird. This is something I think that was passed...

Mynah Bird [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anything that should be added to the diet when they are molting?

Bird Training & Bird toys business. How to start? [ 3 Answers ]

I used to work at an Animal Hospital for 3 Years, and I got into bird training. I got really well at it and I love it! I've trained my bird to wave, fetch, and do a lot of other complex tricks. I've also helped my friend with her Bird's behavioral problems. I really want to do this more, but I'm...

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

View more questions Search