Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chantelle_renee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 11:26 PM
    Childcare educator solving
    Tommy picked up a doll and was rocking it in his arms when david approached him laughing and saying "boys don't play with dolls, only girls do".

How you deal with this being a teacher making sure you include their cultural and religious beliefs.? How would you handle the situation and what would you say to both boys?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 1, 2012, 09:39 AM
    First of all, the parent is responsible for giving the teacher information about the child. We are not mind readers. Talk to or write a note to the teacher giving her the information about your cultural and religious beliefs. In this day and age, I can't believe that a teacher wouldn't speak to all children when something like this comes up and say that it is fine for daddys and mommies to take care of babies. I am a Kindergarten teacher and I see more boys in our house/cooking/childcare area than girls. I don't find it odd at all because most boys do not have access to those toys at home and they are not admonished for playing with them in school. Let us know how it goes with the teacher.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Is this a home work question?

How did YOU answer it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Educator expenses and WI taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

Does Wisconsin allow the educator expenses of $250 a year?

I am a certified dance educator. What else can I do with these qualifications? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an undergrad degree in dance education and teach at a public middle school. I am questioning my career choice, but don't know what else I could do with these qualifications. Obviously dancer/choreographer is a choice, but I am looking for something with a more substantial salary. Starving...

New educator credit [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know if the new educator expense adjustment, line 23, can be used by somebody teaching in an adult GED program? Frankly it is just one more bit of garbage added to the disgusting mess we call the income tax. At the most, it will only mean $125 to a few couples. Anybody that...

View more questions Search