Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcuriouss201 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 04:14 PM
    Miscarriage?
    About two weeks ago, I took two home pregnancy tests which both came out positive. I am now 5-6 weeks pregnant. Two days ago I started bleeding lightly. Last night I started getting severe cramps and bleeding extra heavy. At 2:15 this morning I woke up in a puddle of blood. Every time I go to the bathroom, I have blood clots. It is now 5:59 pm and I am still having these severe cramps and heavy bleeding. Is this a miscarriage? If so, should I be on bedrest or should I walk?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Any chance you were more than 5-6 weeks pregnant? But this does sound like a miscarriage. The embryo is very tiny and not seen in most early miscarriages. You don't need to be on bedrest or walk or do anything special. I would soak in the tub, and put a heating pad on your abdomen when not in the tub! If you were further along than you thought you might need a D&C. It's too bad it's a long holiday weekend. Take your temp (go buy a thermometer if you need to) and if you get a fever, go to an ER.

Aug 31, 2012, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Any chance you were more than 5-6 weeks pregnant? But this does sound like a miscarriage. The embryo is very tiny and not seen in most early miscarriages. You don't need to be on bedrest or walk or do anything special. I would soak in the tub, and put a heating pad on your abdomen when not in the tub! If you were further along than you thought you might need a D&C. It's too bad it's a long holiday weekend. Take your temp (go buy a thermometer if you need to) and if you get a fever, go to an ER.

Well my last period was about 5-6 weeks ago. Is it possible to need a D&C Surgery for that long of a pregnancy? The pain is spreading to my lower back. I barely want to eat or do anything. Its so painful!
    current pert

Aug 31, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Ectopic pregnancy has similar signs. I think you need to go to an ER if you can't get to a walk in clinic.

Aug 31, 2012, 06:43 PM
    What is that exactly? I looked it up but Im not sure I quite understand.
    current pert

Sep 1, 2012, 01:33 AM
    That's when an egg is fertilized up in the fallopian tube and stays there, attached to the tube wall instead of the uterine wall. (In rare cases, somewhere else, not uterus and not tube.) About half resolve on their own without treatment. But they can rupture the tube, so you really should go be seen. I'm saying this based on the degree of pain you have.

Sep 1, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Well the pain has been bad but I woke up this morning with no bleeding and no pain. I am hoping this is over.
    current pert

Sep 1, 2012, 08:39 AM
    THANKS for letting us know, and I'm glad for you.

Sep 1, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Miscarriage? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my period was due on the 10/2/12. I did a clear blue pregnancy test on 13/2/12 which said pregnant 1-2 weeks. My periods are very regular and never late. I have however had stomach cramps since the 11/02/12 and have been bleeding like a period since last night. I did the same pregnancy test...

Miscarriage [ 0 Answers ]

Two days ago I experienced an upper abdominal cramping pain during work that was quite excruciating when it would hit frequently. My boss have me ibuprofen and it began to lessen but still continued. I mean I was having a difficult time taking and taking deep breaths whenever the pain would come....

Did I have a miscarriage? [ 2 Answers ]

There is a possibility I'm pregnant, it would be pretty early but I started bleeding and had a pretty big clot. How do I know if I got my period or if I had a misscarraige?

Have I had a miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

My period was late and I had had unprotected sex. Then one day I got cramps,like period pain and one time when I went to the toilet I excreted a fairly large what seemed to be like a clot. But it was not blood,it was greyish in colour and covered in blood. The next time I went to the toilet there...

View more questions Search