Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimeecollins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2012, 07:38 AM
    How can I make my child's dad see his son? Uk
    My child's dad never wants to see his child, he's not interested at all in the boy.
    I've just found out he's had a week off and told me he went away on holiday over having his kid, ALSO I'm recently told he is traveling to America and around the states for months on end..
    He hasn't told me when he is returning.

I don't see how this is right,
    Where are my rights in all this? Can I take this to court?
    Would they just laugh and say, "well you can't force anyone to do something they dont want"
    Or will they make a day for him to see his child?
    I have never used my child against the dad, I don't see my child as a weapon either.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aimeecollins View Post
    my child's dad never wants to see his child, hes not interested at all in the boy.
    iv just found out hes had a week off and told me he went away on holiday over having his kid, ALSO im recently told he is traveling to America and around the states for months on end..
    he hasnt told me when he is returning.

i dont see how this is right,
    where are my rights in all this? can i take this to court?
    would they just laugh and say, "well you can't force anyone to do something they dont want"
    or will they make a day for him to see his child?
    i have never used my child against the dad, i dont see my child as a weapon either.

Where are you?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 31, 2012, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Where are you?
    How can I make my child's dad see his son? uk

Apparently the OP is in the UK
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 08:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    how can i make my childs dad see his son? uk

Apparently the OP is in the UK

So I'm supposed to read the title of the post, too?

Where in UK - it varies.
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aimeecollins View Post
    my child's dad never wants to see his child, hes not interested at all in the boy.
    iv just found out hes had a week off and told me he went away on holiday over having his kid, ALSO im recently told he is traveling to America and around the states for months on end..
    he hasnt told me when he is returning.

i dont see how this is right,
    where are my rights in all this? can i take this to court?
    would they just laugh and say, "well you can't force anyone to do something they dont want"
    or will they make a day for him to see his child?
    i have never used my child against the dad, i dont see my child as a weapon either.

One thing at a time - you cannot force the father to visit with the child, be a "good" father, even have an interest in the child. You can, of course, collect support for the child, but that varies depending on where you are.

No, the Court wouldn't laugh - but do you want a father who apparently doesn't care about the child to be in the child's life?

It doesn't sound at all like you are using your child as a weapon. It sounds like you want the father in the child's life. The Court just can't enforce anything like that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to break the news to my 12 yr old son, that his dad isn't his biological dad. . [ 4 Answers ]

My 12 year old son, has no idea that his dad is not his biological dad. I need to find a way to sit him down and explain to him, I also need to find a way to talk to my other half about us telling our son. My other half wants to have no part in letting him know, as he says, "he doesn't need to...

Bad dad, good dad my 12 y/o son wants to live with me [ 1 Answers ]

I am a father of three children. My 2 oldest are on there on now, by a previous marriage. My youngest son will be 12 in April. He has mentioned to me many times that he wants to come and live with me. I've told him many times that living with me would be no different than living with his mother as...

My son has a dad and now the biological dad came out of da blue and wants a dna test? [ 5 Answers ]

When I was five months pregnant my sons dad abandoned me and started denying my son, I started dating someone else who didn't care that I was pregnant he still chose to love me and be with me, he even had a few words with the loser when I was eight months pregnant and needed things for the baby...

View more questions Search