Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theresajohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 11:04 PM
    Should truckers tip?
    My friend is a truck driver and eats in Restaurants 3 times a day,he feels if he tips he'll go broke and doesn't tip at all,I think its wrong but I see his point.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2012, 11:22 PM
    He's wrong wrong wrong. Many wait staff are paid less than minimum wage. Let him to try living like that. If he won't tip he should go to MacDonald's.

Although tips are supposed to be for good service, and no tip for poor service, with the wage laws the way they are, employers can pay wait staff practically nothing and they depend on tips to survive. The Federal minimum for tipped employees is 2.13/hr!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2012, 01:11 AM
    He should eat at fast food where there is not wait staff then, most truckers are fairly good tippers. He does not have to tip big, but should tip for good service. If it is bad service you don't tip.

Most wait staff only make about 2.00 or 3.00 a hour plus the tips they make.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truckers turned Warriors [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of this movie. All I can remember is that it has two brothers that drive a truck and some how they go to another place and become barbarians or warriors or something like that, yeah a little vague description. Can anyone help out?

Why don't we start a ex felon truckers union [ 1 Answers ]

My name is robert and I am mad as hell. I am tired of these big hotshot companies having all the control over who can drive and who cant. We as ex felons need to start our own union and come up with a plan and beat them at there own game. Trucks move america and we need to get together and move. I...

View more questions Search