Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gronk53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 11:03 PM
    1 mnth old-central air (new) froze?
    1st time owner of new condo - warm water found pouring from furnace bottom. (apparently hot water tank emptied?) after water shut off.. condo developer's maintenance people found the coil in furnace frozen... said it was not covered in warranty and owners responsibility to repair!! I know very little about this issue but can't believe that there is not some liability/ warranty coverage on a new unit in a new condo that is only 1 month old! I am being told if I bring in an `outside' contractor to exam unit that will null and void warranty! Sounds fishy to me! Help!
    FYI I live in Ottawa, ON, Canada...
    [email protected]
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Bulls$#t. You should have warranty coverage through the builder for the AC subcontractor. Complain to the condo board and also contact the AC manufacturer. What does your sales contract say about a warranty? In the US, most new houses have a one year warranty by the builder and another warranty by the manufacturer of the device.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no he [ 3 Answers ]

My central heat and air unit is blowing cold air. The fan cycles on and off but no heat. Really cold today

Central heat/ac is froze up while running furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

While running the heater on my central heat and air unit, the outside unit itself is froze and covered in ice. Why is this?

View more questions Search