Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarlyTD Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2012, 11:32 AM
    Kitchen Electrical - Gas Range with Electronic Pilot
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there are any limitations to where I can place the outlet for a gas range with electronic pilot. I want to place it behind the range.. Does it have to be a certain distance from the gas line? Can it be on one of the two kitchen circuits or does it need its own?

Thanks very much
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 12:54 PM
    Can be anywhere with in reach of the cord. Does not need to be on separate circuit.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Carly,
    There are no requirements in the electrical code that require any separation and yes, you may connect this to any available receptacle circuit in your kitchen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any safety drawbacks to placing a gas range in front of a kitchen window? [ 0 Answers ]

We live in Ontario Canada where there do not appear to be any ordinances against placing a gas range in front of a double hung kitchen window. We have just purchased a home where the electric stove was in this location. Our range is not a down draft and I have read on a few sites in the states...

Can you convert a gas range over to an electric range? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! We just brought a started house and it is electric through out except for the cooking stove or range is gas. The problem is that it's causing our utility bill to run more that the house payments. I wanted to know if there is a way to switch from a gas range to an electric range. And if...

Gas range/electronic ignition [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool gas range. Over the past two years the electronic ignition has stopped working approximately a dozen times. It may stay off a couple hours to a couple of days. Then for some reason it will start working. All connections apear good. What do you think the problem is?:(

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

View more questions Search