Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Paul Ryan at the RNC - as per left-wing Fox News
    Paul Ryan?s speech in 3 words | Fox News

to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan's speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.
    The good news is that the Romney-Ryan campaign has likely created dozens of new jobs among the legions of additional fact checkers that media outlets are rushing to hire to sift through the mountain of cow dung that flowed from Ryan's mouth.
    And: Fox News poll: Obama's lead grows as Romney's support slips

Damn that Fox News and their Gotcha journalism!
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Like your silly gotcha thread. An old poll and a post from one of Fox's liberal contributors. But thanks for proving that Fox News does present both sides of the argument.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
    You're welcome.
    That damn Obama compliant media.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Just shows how fair and balanced Foxis... Sally Kohn is a flaming lib.
    See some of the other op-ed's she penned at Fox

Sally Kohn - Archive - FoxNews.com
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Good to know that we all agree that Ryan spew lies. Not VP candidate by far.
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Good to know that we all agree that Ryan spew lies. Not VP candidate by far.
    Your response would be some of that disinformation you're supposed to sparing us from. Good thing we have fact checkers to check the fact checkers like you and Sally Kohn.

The liberal media was just champing at the bit to destroy Ryan, too darn bad they don't have any facts to back their lies up.
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    The liberal media was just champing at the bit to destroy Ryan, too darn bad they don't have any facts to back their lies up.
    You mean that facts that she has in the hyperlinks in the article that you didn't even read?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 11:05 AM
    I don't need any fact checker to tell me these words are true :

It all started with stirring speeches, Greek columns, the thrill of something new. Now all that's left is a presidency adrift, surviving on slogans that already seem tired, grasping at a moment that has already passed, like a ship trying to sail on yesterday's wind.

President Obama was asked not long ago to reflect on any mistakes he might have made. He said, well, “I haven't communicated enough.” He said his job is to “tell a story to the American people” – as if that's the whole problem here? He needs to talk more, and we need to be better listeners?

Ladies and gentlemen, these past four years we have suffered no shortage of words in the White House. What's missing is leadership in the White House. And the story that Barack Obama does tell, forever shifting blame to the last administration, is getting old. The man assumed office almost four years ago – isn't it about time he assumed responsibility?.

President Obama is the kind of politician who puts promises on the record, and then calls that the record. But we are four years into this presidency. The issue is not the economy as Barack Obama inherited it, not the economy as he envisions it, but this economy as we are living it.

College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life. Everyone who feels stuck in the Obama economy is right to focus on the here and now. And I hope you understand this too, if you're feeling left out or passed by: You have not failed, your leaders have failed you.

None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers – a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us.
    Full Text: Paul Ryan's Speech at the Republican National Convention - National Journal Staff - NationalJournal.com
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You mean that facts that she has in the hyperlinks in the article that you didn't even read?
    Oh the irony.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Hello:

I'm just going to mention TWO little teeny lies... He blamed Obama for the credit rating downgrade, but we all remember the downgrade resulted because the house Republicans held the debt limit hostage, and Wall Street feared we'd actually DEFAULT.. It was an entirely preventable crisis that the Republicans willingly foisted upon us. It cost Americans MILLIONS...

Next, he took umbrage because Obama did NOTHING about the Simpson Bolls report when he himself voted against it...

I thought Ryan was the policy guy. I thought he was a guy we can COUNT on to give us the TRUTH.. Well, so much for that..

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2012, 03:31 PM
    You get the politicians you deserve Ex
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2012, 10:10 AM
    speaking of Paul Ryan... he thinks Obama stop meddling with states that have legalized medical marijuana. Any bets on how long it takes Obama to change course?
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 10:23 AM
    Any bets on how long it takes Obama to change course?
    Hello again, Steve:

Do you REALLY think Obama is going to change course just because Paul Ryan thinks he should?? Obama would switch to loving vouchercare if Ryan had any sway.

But, I'm glad to see that Ryan supports states rights - as far as that goes... I wonder if he thinks my state has the right to decide about gay marriage.. Nahhhh... He doesn't..

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2012, 10:24 AM
    duplicate post.
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Are you stoned??

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Are you stoned??

Excon
    No, I was traveling across Arkansas and my wife was driving. Every time she hit a bump in the road I would inadvertently tap something on the phone. We saved the getting stoned for after the drive.

By the way, Ryan just tweaked Obama again and it was a beautiful thing, he took sides with Rahmbo against the teachers union...

"If you turned on the TV this morning or sometime today, you probably saw something about the Chicago teacher's union strike. I'd like to make a couple of comments about that because it does matter. I've known Rahm Emanuel for years. He's a former colleague of mine. Rahm and I have not agreed on every issue or on a lot of issues, but Mayor Emanuel is right today in saying that this teacher's union strike is unnecessary and wrong. We know that Rahm is not going to support our campaign, but on this issue and this day we stand with Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

"We stand with the children and we stand with the families and the parents of Chicago because education reform, that's a bipartisan issue. This does not have to divide the two parties. And so, we were going to ask, where does President Obama stand? Does he stand with his former Chief of Staff Mayor Rahm Emanuel, with the children and the parents, or does he stand with the union? On issues like this, we need to speak out and be really clear. In a Romney-Ryan administration we will not be ambiguous, we will stand with education reform, we will champion bipartisan education reforms. This is a critical linchpin to the future of our country, to our economy, to make sure that our children go to the best possible school, and that education reforms revolve around the parents and the child, not the special interest group. This is something that's critical for all of us."
    I bet that made Obama squirm more than a little.
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2012, 07:01 AM
    Any bets on how long it takes Obama to change course?
    Hello again, Steve:

Actually, it was RYAN who slinked away in shame... His support for my right to smoke medical marijahoochie lasted about 15 minutes.

Really... These guys look STUPID..

excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Actually, it was RYAN who slinked away in shame... His support for my right to smoke medical marijahoochie lasted about 15 minutes.

Really... These guys look STUPID..

Excon
    Wow, you have a strange way of looking at things. All the spokesman did was say Ryan doesn't believe marijuana should be legalized, the same stance he took while saying the states should decide.

Ryan emphasized that while he doesn’t personally approve of laws that make medicinal marijuana legal, “it’s up to Coloradans to decide.”
    Thin Progress as usual isn't thinking, they're just making up a contradiction that isn't there. He said it the first time, his spokesman concurred.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VP Paul Ryan [ 153 Answers ]

Here is a video of Paul Ryan schooling the President on Obamacare . Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spending - YouTube (note at the 5:23 point the classless President gives Ryan the middle finger salute) I'm sure the Obots are dusting off those “Throw Granny over the cliff”...

Cnn fox news or aljazeera ? [ 2 Answers ]

What is most watched 24 hours news channel in the usa ?

FOX News explained - or not. [ 118 Answers ]

Hello: Those of you, short of tom, who watch FOX News probably don't also watch The Daily Show on Comedy Central. If that's so, I suggest you watch THIS clip. It's the hard news guy, Brett Baier telling Jon Stewart about his employer... It's apparent that Baier has NO CLUE why people like me...

Employees Expose FOX NEWS [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Employees Expose FOX NEWS Distortions Does anyone still believe this is a news network?

Left Wing/Right Wing Or How About A Drumstick? [ 10 Answers ]

I've been following some of the political threads with some interest... Just wondering where some of the regulars see themselves on the ol' political spectrum. Left Wing, Right Wing or planted firmly in the Center, I'd like to know where you see yourself fitting in and perhaps an anecdotal...

View more questions Search