Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkitoney61 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Harassing debt collectors
    Hi,

Its me again. I don't have any new news regarding my previous post. I have a new question. I have been paying on another old debt from Citibank. I have paid faithfully until last month, when my funds were limited. A collector from Academy services called me on a daily basis with threatening comments. His last call claimed I had left an email allowing them to deduct 1000.00 from my bank account. I did not leave any such messsage. I called & asked to speak to his supervisor. He (the collector who left the message) called me & denied leaving the message. I have it on my answering machine as well as my cell phone. Isn't this some form of harassment? He hasn't called me since I left message with his supervisor.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 2, 2007, 08:10 PM
    Debt collectors lie and harass, abuse people all the time. Even though it violates federal law

Go to

daveramsey.com.

And click on report a collector... under the useful tools section
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Of course it is, and when you report it to his supervisor, he will get a pat on the back since they are told to do this by their bosses.
    They lie, cheat, and trick you any way they can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abusive debt collectors [ 6 Answers ]

I am behind on my bills due to a temporary financial crisis but continue to pay as I'm able - about one to two months behind on a few debts. I am unemployed but working as a temp pending a court decision about whether I can leave Minnesota with my son (his father contests the move - we are...

Dealing with Debt Collectors, New Defense, Need feedback [ 2 Answers ]

Affirmative Defenses: Prior Course of Dealing No Prior Course of Dealing This is a defense to a lawsuit based on a cause of action for account stated. In order for a plaintiff to prevail on a claim (cause of action) for account stated, he must allege and prove...

Debt collectors [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a time limit to collecting a debt?

What happens after the debit collectors? [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't made a credit card payment since July of 2005. All three of my credit cards have sent my debit to debit collectors. They (those nasty collectors) call and leave messages several times a week. I have received letters asking for confirmation of the debit, but I have never responded or...

Being threatened by debt collectors [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother baught a car and it ended up being repo'd. That was over a year ago.Now there is a company and she isn't sure if it's a law firm or a collection company.The letter she has says both it says that she now owes 9000.00 on the car.She is also getting calls from them every day.They are...

View more questions Search