Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XinXin Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Why NASA curiosity go to the Mars other than the moon
    Why NASA explore the Mars, but moon. Does the moon is the empty inside?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 29, 2012, 10:32 PM
    Mars is the hot exploration topic of recent years.
    NO the moon is not hollow.

Aug 29, 2012, 11:19 PM
    I mean the core of the moon is hollow, and what in the Mars?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:41 AM
    Mars is sexy; the moon is not. Hence the people who select NASA missions tend to favor going to Mars over any other place. It's the only planet other than earth that is known to have had surface water, and hence appears to be the one place other than earth that may have harbored life. The moon on the other hand is basically just a big rock. FYI, NASA is also pretty much ignoring Venus.

Aug 30, 2012, 06:54 AM
    Mars have alienwares? Or organic?
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XinXin View Post
    Mars have alienwares?
    I don't know what "alienwares" means, but if you're asking whether Mars has life - not that we know of (yet).

or organic?
    Lots of organic compounds are present in Martian soil.

Aug 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Alienware means intelligent being?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2012, 07:28 AM
    alienware means intelligent being?
    Nope, it's a brand name of a computer model.
    Xena007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 07:33 AM
    "alienware" here means have high tech people such that who made UFO.
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 07:52 AM
    If you believe that aliens in UFOs from some place other than our solar system have visited earth, then I would guess you believe that those same aliens probably visited Mars as well. But there is no credible evidence of such visits by aliens either here or on Mars.
    Xena007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Nobody can prove have no UFO? Did nasa want send the people to the Mars and let them live here?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xena007 View Post
    nobody can prove have no UFO? did nasa want send the people to the Mars and let them live here?
    I don't think NASA would put a colony on mars, or the moon; it would be a space station first while studies could be done at a closer range.

Don't you know this from watching the movies ?

Aug 30, 2012, 02:28 PM
    This from watching TV also. And the time is a kind of motion, this is why the Mars has different time with us. Mars has more than 600 days a year, more than us 1.88 times almost.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 02:51 PM
    The US has sent other proves out into space and into deep space. The moon is the closest other body in space, and Mars the next. So it is a matter of exploring those things closest to you first.

Also for the US it is a matter of funding, we have been to the moon, several times, and for the government to release funding it started a program that people found more exciting "Mars"
    Expert

Aug 31, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The US has sent other proves out into space and into deep space. The moon is the closest other body in space, and Mars the next. So it is a matter of exploring those things closest to you first.
    Not quite right. Certainly this may have been the reason for going to Mars back in 1976 with Vanguard, but since then Mars has had a clear advantage in NASA's priorities - not so much because of its relative proximity but rather because of the science combined with the public's fascination with Mars. Contrast that with Venus and Mercury - both of these planets are actually closer to Earth than is Mars, yet very few missions have been funded for them. I have a bit of first hand knowledge about the politics that goes into selection of missions, and in virtually every funding cycle Mars gets a mission and the other planets combined may get a second. My brother is a planetary scientist at JPL, and has been fighting for a mission to Venus for years, but it seems every year his mission (and others to other oplanets) gets shot down infavor of another Mars probe.

Aug 31, 2012, 08:30 AM
    Curiosity traveling almost 9 months to land the Mars, if the people in the space station of Mars, how them can travelling back(what knid of fuel could be help them), they have to stay Mars and eating, living there?
    Expert

Aug 31, 2012, 08:58 AM
    A manned mission to Mars would be at least a year in duration - which is why there hasn't been any serious efforts to pursue manned missions to other planets. Instead NASA is focusing on unmanned probes - they're much less expensive, quicker to design and build, and it doesn't really matter how long it takes to get there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nasa thirunallar? [ 2 Answers ]

Why this happen. Did nasa will find a answers for this problem

Nasa nuclear rockets [ 1 Answers ]

Do nasa nuclear rockets have any effect on the environment? Is so how would our environment look?

Careers working for NASA [ 1 Answers ]

My future career dream is to someday work for NASA and be involved in space research and space exploration, but I don't want to become an astronaut. Is there anyone who has worked for NASA, or are planning to, or just know a lot about it, and who could give me information on different careers that...

View more questions Search