Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikozilla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2003, 01:24 AM
    Water distillation
    Does water distilled water, distilled in a solar distiller, contain floride or chlorine?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 8, 2003, 09:39 AM
    water distillation
    Hey Miko, To remove floride/chlorine you would have to add a carbon filter to your distiller. But let me show you what it does remove.
    Water distillers treat water for a host of contaminants and pollutants, including those that are unable to travel out of the boiling chamber with the steam like sediment, metals and biological contaminants. When combined with activated carbon filtration, water distillers can effectively treat for the following contaminants:
    mikozilla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2003, 02:05 AM
    water distillation
    Tom,
    My concern is primarily chlorine and floride (floridated water). What is activated carbon filtration? Does Britta or some other over-the-counter filter do this? Thanks for the info!

MIKO
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 9, 2003, 10:12 AM
    water distillation
    Good morning Miko, Activated carbon comprised of charcoal woodchips,nut shells etc. Filters the water as it passes through it. Brita water filters are the best way to insure that your drinking water is as pure as possible. Using activated carbon and other technologies, Brita filters filter out impurities such as chlorine, lead, copper, mercury, giardia, fluorides and much more. A Brita filter can fit right over the kitchen faucet. This would be the least expensive way to filter your water. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Brand new water heater: Starts hot, then water gets cold after few seconds [ 9 Answers ]

We just moved into a brand new condo which has its own water heater. We went to take a shower this morning and the first few seconds of the shower were very hot, then it went cold after 10 seconds. We tried again after half an hour, same thing. There was enough hot water for my husband to shave but...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Water Distillation Explanation [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I need a good scientific paragraph of what water distillation is, but I can't seem to find one on the internet anywhere! Its my homework by the way.. oh yeah and it can't have too many long words in or my chemistry teacher will get suspicious!. lol

AC Water Pump not sending water through tubing [ 1 Answers ]

My house is a ranch house with no basement. We have a forced air/central air conditioning system. There is a pump that is suppose to pump the water through a plastic tubing in to our laundry tub. The water does have to go up to the ceiling of the room and across a wall and then down into our...

View more questions Search