Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Aug 29, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Not sure what to think..
    Okay so my partner and I have been dating exclusively since November of 2011. He doesn't have a ton of super close girl-friends, about four that I've met and heard about throughout our relationship, however, I am CONSTANTLY getting adds from random females on Facebook whom our only mutual friend is my boyfriend, strikes me as a bit odd, seenas none of these females I've heard anything about, they all seem to come out of nowhere. Some of them have been coworkers of his, others are old classmates, but some of been random people that he himself is not even close to. I'm just not sure what to think about it, if I should be weirded out by the fact that all of these people he's not even close to seem to want to be my friend though none of them upon being accepted make any effort whatsoever to try to befriend me any further, no conversation of any kind. To me, I just feel like they're being nosey and trying to lurk my , everything on my profile is private. Any opinions? I've discussed it with him, and he doesn't seem to get why they add me either.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Reset your privacy settings and they won't be able to add you. Or you don't have to add them. End of problem.
    daniigurl Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
    I'm not really upset about them adding me, I'm just not sure what to think of it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 30, 2012, 05:31 AM
    It means little, I've found. I get requests from people I don't know too, and it's just because I popped up on their list of 'people you might know' when we don't know each other at all, just some mutual friend. I ignore them but some people click on anything, or they think it's cool to have 1,000 friends.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 30, 2012, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daniigurl View Post
    im not really upset about them adding me, i'm just not sure what to think of it.
    Don't think anything of it. Some people just like have a lot of friends listed. Means nothing. Don't look for trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search