Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charan777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Wiring humidifier to American Standard furnace
    I have an American Standard freedom 90 comfort R furnace model AUY080R9V3W5 which is a high efficiency 2 stage with dc motor. An Aprilaire 550 humidfier is hooked up to it. The humidifier only comes on if the furnace is on stage 1. It stays off if it kicks into stage 2. The thermostat is a top of the line honeywell which controls both stages.
    The wires from the humidifier are wired to "W1" and "B/C" on the furnace. Is there no way to wire it so that the humidifier comes on for both stages ? I came across something in the manual stating that there is a jumper lead on the circuit board but I can' t see it.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Mar 7, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charan777
    I have an American Standard freedom 90 comfort R furnace model AUY080R9V3W5 which is a high efficiency 2 stage with dc motor. An Aprilaire 550 humidfier is hooked up to it. The humidifier only comes on if the furnace is on stage 1. It stays off if it kicks into stage 2. The thermostat is a top of the line honeywell which controls both stages.
    The wires from the humidifier are wired to "W1" and "B/C" on the furnace. Is there no way to wire it so that the humidifier comes on for both stages ? I came across something in the manual stating that there is a jumper lead on the circuit board but I can' t see it.
    Purchase a current sensing relay and attach it to the common wire on the blower, when current is sensed it will close a switch and used that to energize the humidifier

April aire may be able to provide a schematic
    jaisen Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 09:59 PM
    You can do that do if. But if your not scared to wired things. At the circuit board use a jumper on w1 and w2. Connect the humidifier to it w1 an commmon. Disconect w2 wire from the stat or board. Cause you already got it jumped out. Hope this helps but if not get the current sensing relay and just wired it into series from the hum trans or hum stat hope works out well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard Diverter Stem Stuck [ 16 Answers ]

I have a circa 1965 AS Heritage in the wall 3-handle tub/shower fixture. I believe it's a Hertitage Model "N 1012" or N 1020". The diverter works spoaratically - the water flows to the shower, but then abruptly stops. With the diverter arrow pointing down for the tub water flows just fine. The...

Loud Noise in American Standard Electric Heat [ 4 Answers ]

We bought our house over a year ago, and at that time everything was fine and passed all inspections. The whole house is electric and the heater and A/C are American Standard. Just this week, we hear a really loud sort of creaking or metallic sound throughout the air ducts when the unit turns on,...

Humidifier wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York Natural Gas furnace that is brand new. I just purchased a GeneralAire Bypass humidifier Model 900. The humidifier came with the E2 controller. I looked at the wiring diagram on both the furnace and the humidifier and the E2 humidistat controller and I am somewhat confused on how this...

American Standard Plebe toilet tank [ 1 Answers ]

Getting old I guess, anyone know the tank to bowl bolt spread on a American Standard Plebe (the old ones), can't remember if 51/4 or 51/2 inches.

American Standard - dripping from shower head [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem with water dripping from my shower head. I have American Standard hardware with a single lever knob (shower only, no tub). I installed a new cartridge 023529-0070A but that has not fixed the problem. My house is only 4 years old. I'm not a skilled DIY type but this...

View more questions Search