Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hudineker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 03:02 PM
    PDA Ethernet card?
    I'm looking for a way to connect a PDA to a wired network using an Ethernet cable.

I would like to be able to do this without use of any other computer.

I do quite a bit of travelling and the hotels I visit don't always have wireless connections but more often have wired networks in the rooms. When I purchase a PDA this would be a real bonus.

The only hardware that I found is linked below but has been discontinued. :(
    CompactFlash 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet Adapter

Does such a thing exist for modern PDA's?

Thanks!
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 05:43 AM
    I had a quick look around and I couldn't really see anything. I think if you really need that internet connection in your hotel room you may have to pack a wireless router or similar in your suitcase. I know it's not ideal but I don't think companies see enough demand for this to make this kind of product available.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Several manufacturer now make travel wireless routers. These are small size (a bit bigger than a pack of cigarettes). So you can connect it to the Ethernet connection in the room and then connect your PDA using the 802.11 feature. The cost would probably be similar to an adapter and more flexible.
    Hudineker Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Thanks guys, I guess the whole wired network thing is really on it's way out.

I'm not too familiar with the wireless stuff coming out since everything I own is still plugged into the wall.

Any suggestions on who makes a fairly cheap/small/good quality wireless router that would be portable for this task?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Linksys, D-Link.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethernet Card [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find on my PC if I have an ethernet card installed on my PC?

Pda for internet and chat [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best (and cheapest) pda if I want to be able to search the internet and instant message people?

Connecting two PC via ethernet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a game freek. I want to connect my two pcs for playing multiplayer games via ethernet. Please help.

Connect 2 laptop with ethernet card [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I have 2 laptop. Each of them has a Ethernet card (I use it to connect to ADSL router to access internet). Can I transfer a file from one lapto to the other through the ethernet card ? I have a cable but I do not how to configure the operation system (Both of them uses Windows XP SP2). ...

View more questions Search