Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wildmustangs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 10:58 AM
    When the death certificate has the wrong reason
    Why would they put he died of smoking on the death certificate if he actually died of an embolism secondary to lung cancer. He stopped smoking 15 years ago. This doesn't make any sense.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
    embolism secondary to lung cancer
    Does NOT mean he died of smoking.
    A smoking related cause, but nit actual smoking.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
    I can't conceive of any doctor specifically listing smoking as the cause of death. But the lung cancer may have been a result of smoking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do if the wrong cause of death is on a death certificate? [ 1 Answers ]

My father died recently after being in hospice for two weeks. He had many problems -- diabetes, renal failure, heart problems. Since my father was a veteran, we need the death certificate to help my mom apply for benefits. When the death certificate arrived, it listed "colon cancer" as the cause...

Death certificate is wrong [ 8 Answers ]

My mother, who never had a heart condition, and until then was physically healthy, was rushed to hospital with sepsis, (from a bladder infection not noticed by nursing home).. she had multiple organ failure by the time she got to hospital, from the sepsis) developed pneumonia in hospital ,and died...

What happens if cause of death is wrong on death certificate? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband died of a rare condition which he was infected with whilst in hospital, this condition went undiagnosed,and the wrong information put on his death certificate. Can anything be done to change the information at all? Jessica

Wrong info on death certificate [ 4 Answers ]

My mother in law passed away last week... she was in the hospital awaiting a liver transplant. She began to vomit quite a bit so doctors found ulcers. They put her to sleep to "clamp" the ulcers but a few days later she vomitted again. They gave her a phenigran sp? To help with the nausea. She...

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

View more questions Search