Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcmully12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 12:43 AM
    How to get custody of my two grandchildren
    Hello, my two grandchildren Sophie 12 and kyle 10 was taken off their mother by social services in 2005 their father claimed custody then last year social services appeared again as the children's father had hit them and also was an alcoholic and drug addict so then their other grandma and aunty claimed custody over them, 9 months down the line they have said they cannot cope and the children may have to go into care I do not want this to happen. I don't know what chance I stand as I am only their mothers step mum and her father had just passed away, even though I am only their step grandma I love them to pieces and have always considered them my own, what chance do I stand of getting custody?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2012, 03:18 AM
    Custody may be an issue. But you should be able to get guardianship. Especially if no one else wants them. Talk to their caseworker to find out what can be done.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Custody may be an issue. But you should be able to get guardianship. Especially if no one else wants them. Talk to their caseworker to find out what can be done.

I absolutely agree with Scott - this would be a "based on the situation" decision. You, of course, are not a blood relative but at those ages the children will be, at best, difficult to place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get custody of my 3 grandchildren? Please someone help me! [ 6 Answers ]

I have three beautiful grandchildren that don't deserve the life my daughter and her husband have given them. I understand that there are many children in our country in the same situation. My daughter had her first child at the age of 17 and when my granddaughter was born there were opiate's and...

How do I get custody of my grandchildren [ 3 Answers ]

I have twin grandaughters, 3 yrs old. Paternity established and my daughter lets them go to the fathers every other week for a week at a time but no "visitation order" established (he has 9 kids to count.father owes more than $10,000 in child support for just the twins alone! Not to mention the...

Custody of grandchildren [ 7 Answers ]

HELP!! I want to know if there is any possible way I can get custody of my grandchildren. We live in Indiana and they are 12 and 9. They are both boys and they stay with us a lot. They spend almost every weekend with us and always have. Their parents are a mess. My daughter, after spendind 45...

Custody of Grandchildren [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to know if my daughter will ever get her children back?

Custody for my grandchildren [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a court date next month for I'm taking my son and his girlfriend there so I can go for custody of the children the ages are 13 month and 2 month old .Does anyone know how I would have to go about to prove unfit. They live with my daughter in a 3 bdrm trailer and she has her own family as...

View more questions Search