Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kendra lee Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Hair folical testing any help please
    I stopped smoking weed may 5th 2012, and took one small hit July 1st.I was a heavy smoker prior to stopping. I just found out I may have to take a hair folical test around the first part of October. My hair is shoulder length and I will have my hair cut and colored by the end of September. What are my chances for testing negative?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kendra lee View Post
    I stopped smoking weed may 5th 2012, and took one small hit July 1st.I was a heavy smoker prior to stopping. I just found out i may have to take a hair folical test around the first part of October. My hair is shoulder length and i will have my hair cut and colored by the end of September. What are my chances for testing negative?
    What is your gender, age, how fast do you estimate your hairs grows, and what type of hair coloring are you planning. i.e. dying, bleaching, permanent.

Aug 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    What is your gender, age, how fast do you estimate your hairs grows, and what type of hair coloring are you planning. i.e. dying, bleaching, permanent.
    Female, 29, I was planning on doing blonde highlight with brown

Aug 29, 2012, 06:38 PM
    Female, 29, i was planning on doing blonde highlight with brown
    Thank u for responding

Aug 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Thank u for responding
    Sorry... I think my hair grows about a .5 inches per month. I am using my iPhone to respond.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Sorry...i think my hair grows about a .5 inches per month. I am using my iphone to respond.
    The one hit will have not register on a hair drug test (HDT). That takes us back to May.

It is laboratory procedure to test approximately 1.5" of hair. Paired with collection measures that means they are testing close to 104 days (assuming your hair grows at .5" p/mo.) Realistically, there is a wide variance in hair growth and two factors are gender and age. Both on your side.

Cosmetic treatment of hair is known to diminish the quantity of drug present. That particularly applies to THC and metabolites.*

With the time from last regular use until test and the fact that you are cutting and coloring hair should put you in a pretty safe position.

In addition, HDT performs very poorly in detecting THC due to it's very low incorporation rate into hair.

*there are a number of papers on this but the following is from a hair testing lab: See Myth 21 NorChem

Aug 29, 2012, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    The one hit will have not register on a hair drug test (HDT). That takes us back to May.

It is laboratory procedure to test approximately 1.5" of hair. Paired with collection measures that means they are testing close to 104 days (assuming your hair grows at .5" p/mo.) Realistically, there is a wide variance in hair growth and two factors are gender and age. Both on your side.

Cosmetic treatment of hair is known to diminish the quantity of drug present. That particularly a
    pplies to THC and metabolites.*

With the time from last regular use until test and the fact that you are cutting and coloring hair should put you in a pretty safe position.

In addition, HDT performs very poorly in detecting THC due to it's very low incorporation rate into hair.

*there are a number of papers on this but the following is from a hair testing lab: See [URL="http://www.norchemlab.com/client-resources/resource-center/drug-testing-info/drug-testing-myths-busted/#m21"]Myth 21 NorChem[URL]
    Thank you for all of your help Dr.Bill!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Folical Testing [ 1 Answers ]

I have to take a hair folical test the beginning of August & I am wondering if alcohol shows up on these tests? If so, would it show up if I have only drank maybe 5 times in the last 3-4 months?

Drug testing Hair Folical [ 2 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions about Drug testing using hair folicial.I took a drug test this past Saturday and they took hair from my arm pitts.I took two small tokes off a joint Exactly three months ago and another two tokes approximatly a month prior.Ive done A lot of research about hair...

Hair folical testing for methamphetamines [ 3 Answers ]

How effective is the hair folical testing for meth. My 17 month old granddaughter's mother is believed to have been making and using meth. I was given temporary emergency custody of her as of last night. They have court ordered the mother to submit a hair folical test within 5 days. I'm also...

Folical testing [ 1 Answers ]

How long does it take to get marijuana out of your system, if you are taking a folical test?

Hair folical testing [ 1 Answers ]

Does alcohol show uo on a hair folical test

View more questions Search