Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheikma Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
    Law suit
    I purchased a vehicle from a dealership and it broke down within two weeks.I asked for my money, back and they refused to and they also refused to give me a replacement vehicle .with that being said I took out a civil claim.what r the possibilities for me winning the case
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 07:21 PM
    Were the words "as is" part of the sales slip?

Aug 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Yes,but I had a 90day warranty
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 07:29 PM
    AS is means no warranty at all. This is confusing because you can't be "as is" and on warranty

Aug 28, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    AS is means no warranty at all. This is confusing because you can't be "as is" and on warranty
    Well maybe I'm wrong about the as is... but I have a 90 day warranty
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2012, 03:29 AM
    ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Many areas have lemon laws and you have to follow the procedure. Did the dealer offer to repair or did you just demand a new vehicle or your money back?

What is a "civil claim". Did you actually file a law suit or did you submit a claim through some consumer process?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help in a law suit [ 3 Answers ]

I was assaulted outside of a bar on there property a bouncer is only present in the back of the bar and not in the front. My jaw was broken and my mouth has to be wired for 6 weeks to be healed. Do I have a lawsuit against the bar if I pursue

Law suit [ 4 Answers ]

I live in New Jersey and I'm 18 years old, the other day I was backing up my car to get out of a parking spot and accidentally hit a car behind me. I simply left a minor dent. The owner of the car and I agreed to not involve our insurances, but now he says it is going to cost him $600 to get it...

Law suit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a sample letter to answer a lawssuit against me in civil court

Law Suit [ 7 Answers ]

I am being sued by a third party debt buyer. The affidavit has a difference account number on it, The original company that issued the credit card is not on it. I have answered the summons (which is the first I heard of this company) and no court date on summons, three weeks later I received a...

Law suit [ 2 Answers ]

I actually have 2 questions.. I have a friend who's husband died a couple of years ago. He left her his Big Rig and she sold it for $20K. SHe also gained a house, however the family of her husband appealed the will in order to get the house. My friend filed a lawsuit and ended up giving the house...

View more questions Search