Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pr1961 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Algebra question
    Discuss the relationship between the FOIL method for multiplying polynomials and the distributive property of multiplication.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2012, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1961 View Post
    Discuss the relationship between the FOIL method for multiplying polynomials and the distributive property of multiplication.

Does this sound familiar:

"It is AMHD policy not to do homework - please post your answer and someone will come along to review it.

You don't learn anything if an AMHD member does the work for you."
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 08:33 PM
    Try explaining the FOIL method and the distributive property of multiplication and there should be similarities. Post what you come up with and we will help you.
    pr1961 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
    What I take out of these 2 mathematical processes is that the Foil method is used when you multiply two binomials (first, outer, inner, last) and for working our factors. The Distributive property is when you multiply the number on the outside by those inside the parenthesis and for working out quick multiplication.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 28, 2012, 09:25 PM
    That is correct, but do you need a more detailed answer as you have this listed in the college section?
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Aug 29, 2012, 05:11 AM
    I agree with Jenn that you'll need a better answer. Hint: start with a general set-up, such as (a + b)(c + d), then carefully apply the distributive property exactly three times. Examine the results and that should point you in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College Algebra Question [ 1 Answers ]

The solutions to the equation 7x(exponent 2) x-30=0 are

Algebra question [ 4 Answers ]

what if an equation has 3 variables what is the answer?:confused:

Algebra Question! [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if someone could explain and walk me through this problem. The question is to solve: b+1 b X - X And I don't have to solve for the variables just factor the equation.

Algebra II question: PLEASE HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to work this problem: Simplify. 3+i _____ 2-3i

Help with algebra 2 question please [ 5 Answers ]

On one of my recent test this was one of the problem that I was unable to do. Can anyone help me with it, and show me the steps please? I'm familiar with fractional exponents, but when it came to this problem with a radical exponent I didn't know what to do: ...

View more questions Search