Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JennDoug81 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Missed period/negative pregnancy test
    Hi Everyone,
    I am 25 years old and have an 18 month old daughter. The last date of my last period was January 24-26th. It is March 7th and I still have not started. I took a test on Saturday, which was 4 days ago. It came out negative. I haven't noticed any changes in myself other than migraines almost every day. I had migraines already, but never as much as I have had them lately. I have had no cramping, no spotting, no discharge, nothing. If you have any answers for me, please let me know! I'm planning on taking another test today. Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Are you using any form of birth control whatsoever other than condoms?

Mar 7, 2007, 03:24 PM
    I am on birth control pills. That's it, and I haven't missed any of them.
    LeMonde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JennDoug81
    Hi Everyone,
    I am 25 years old and have an 18 month old daughter. The last date of my last period was January 24-26th. It is March 7th and I still have not started. I took a test on Saturday, which was 4 days ago. It came out negative. I haven't noticed any changes in myself other than migraines almost every day. I had migraines already, but never as much as I have had them lately. I have had no cramping, no spotting, no discharge, nothing. If you have any answers for me, please let me know! I'm planning on taking another test today. Thanks!
    You should go to the doctor. Missed periods could be a sign of health problems or something else going on. Some could be serious, some may not be.
    BUT - if it's NOT serious NOW , and you let it go... it could become serious - so catch it early if there is any problem.
    Sometimes periods just get wacky - your headaches could mean something.
    You could be freaking out because you didn't get it and the stress is causing you to not get it... it could be anything.
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 03:29 PM
    While it is still possible that you are pregnant, it is doubtful.

Do you take them at the same time every day? This is important that you do this.

Also, have you been on any other medication within the last 6 months?

Mar 7, 2007, 05:24 PM
    I took some over the counter cold meds about 3 weeks ago I guess. I took them for 4 days. Also yes, I do take my because at the same time everyday.
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Then you need to make an appointment with your doc to find out what is going on. It may be nothing, but better to err on the side of caution with your health.

Mar 7, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Great, thanks... now I'm more worried than I already was. I don't have insurance. My husband canceled it before our new insurance went into effect. The new won't start until April 1st. The old wouldn't have covered me if I were pregnant anyway.

Mar 8, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Ok, just wanted to let you know that I did take another test and it too was negative. I'm going to call my Dr. tomorrow morning and make an appointment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed period, symptoms.. Pregnancy test negative! [ 2 Answers ]

I am two weeks late in starting my period. I have tender breasts, bloated feeling, even my upper legs feel sore, my teeth hurt, which is not normal for me. I took a pregnancy test early last week, it came out negative. Took another one last night, again negative. This morning while showering I...

Missed period, Brown Discharge, Negative Pregnancy Test. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am 23 years old Married with one child (1 years old). I always get my period every 28 days maybe one day before or after but never longer then 2 days. After a couple of days of my missed period I had a brown discharge. At first I thought it could be my period but it never came. I now have...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Missed Period/Negative Pregnancy Test [ 4 Answers ]

I am four days late for my period, and today on the fourth day I have a light brown discharge when I use the bathroom and I wipe. My periods are always right on time, I have had no blood. Me and my husband are trying to have a baby, and we do not use protection of any kind. I am 24, I took a...

View more questions Search